Air Venturi Avenger Tactical Chassis

Weight Balance is the main issue. I like the mlok mounted bipods on the carbon chassis. They are fun to deploy and feel super solid. But the balance and fine aiming control definitely feels better with it mounted in a more forward position. I haven’t done side by side testing with each bipod and tested which one I get most consistent results with at a long distance. Someone should do that. I’d suspect the finer control and weight balance of the front mount would prove to be better, could be wrong.

Thanks. I'm very new to shooting, but I'm certain your last sentence is the case, when shooting off a bench, or prone....with some sort of rear support. It just seems to me that the further out front that you can get the pivot point, the less vertical movement will be seen at the muzzle when the shot is fired.

I was more concerned with whether or not the air tubes should be relied upon to support the entire rifle (with the bipod). I am toying with the idea of removing my shroud permanently, so the OEM barrel band will only be supporting the air tubes (with a spacer for where the shroud used to be)....if I end up doing this.

I have had the tactical chassis for three and a half months and my 25 cal is more accurate with it than the wood stock it came with. Having the bipod on the mlok rail is way more solid than out front on the barrel ban picatinny rail mount to me. The two air tubes now only have to stabilize the barrel and not the whole gun. Tried it both ways and worked way better for me on the chassis. With it mounted there if you fold the legs forward you have a nice palm swell for off hand shooting.