Tuning Air venturi avenger regulator upgrade?

I've been very careful adjusting the reg. It creeped from day one but now I'm noticing a drop in the main tank. Topped it off Monday and will let It sit till Friday and see if it stabilizes. Plan is to keep shooting it for a few weeks. Let's find out if this is just a quirk or a actual problem. As long as it holds air, a little reg creep i can live with.

Mystery solved

20201023_120527.1603490762.jpg

Mine creeps too. Mine only causes about a 20 FPS spike on the first shot. I chose to keep mine. Why send it back to be replaced with another gun with the same pos reg? Let’s face it for the price point that reg is obviously “not quality “. Even if yours works it’s still a cheap pos. Therefore I’m waiting for a higher quality replacement option. I would make this change even if mine worked as it should as I believe it is the weak point of the gun. Other than the reg mine is great. 

I recently tried out three Avenger .22s and all three had regulator creep. All three were the new baffle models with a creep rate of 200 PSI in seven minutes plus an over night creep of 600 to 800 PSI. The rate of creep in all three Avengers was exactly the same which indicates a manufacturers defect. My begging of Pyramyd Air to send a non-creeper fell on deaf ears due mainly to their robotic customer service system. The ten for ten purchase is a joke which includes pumping up the air rifle and shooting it ten times and sticking back a box for shipment. Don't think regulator creep diagnoses is on their agenda. Good luck on getting that problem addressed. My request was simple. Please don't send another creeper. Somehow without my understanding as to why, my last creeper was channeled over to Air Venturi for an evaluation. My hope was they were going to find me a new non-creeper. Wrong! My creeper was evaluated by pumping it up, looking at the tank pressure and doing a shot string. What does that have to do with regulator creep. The verdict of Air Venturi, " nothing wrong with your air rifle". The Air Vernturi procedure was identical to the joke Pyramyd Air calls ten for ten. Presently, I am seeking a refund but feel that will be ignored even though the Avenger creeper is within the 60 day return policy. 

My research and investigation has revealed a possible explanation for ignoring the Avenger creepers. First, it is possible the creepers are a manufacturers defect of unknown quantities. The Avenger had a poppet problem that took over a year to solve. This may be the case for the creepers with the current Avenger inventory plus the cargo boats waiting at the dock to be unloaded from China. If my speculation is correct on the problem being wide spread, Pyramyd Air and Air Venturi are sitting on a possible loss of revenue if a regulator defect becomes common knowledge. .This is why I think Avenger regulator issues are ignored. Another issue that has compounded the problem is the lack of spare parts from China. Replacement regulators may not be available.

Please don't take my word for this information. Do your own investigation. Buy the Avenger if that is your preference. Above is my speculation based on experience and research however flawed that may be. This is an issue that air rifle consumers should at least have an awareness. One bit of advice I will give, if you have the 60 day exchange and return policy for the Avenger from Pyramyd Air, examine your air rifle ASAP and take advantage of the warranty. Don't send it to Air Venturi during those 60 days, you will regret it.

Well it appears we are all a little creepy ok bad joke but what we paid for it. get that first shot out the way and it's all good tell ya what it still shoots way better than MY DIANA OUTLAW that's for sure and my at44 both of witch I paid more for so soon huma will come to the rescue so hang in there we'll all be fine soon enough then they will sell like hot cakes and hajimoto will hook one up that we will all drool over

I had already posted in this thread way back when I first got my 22. The creep in my wood stock 22 worked itself out with shooting. I think it just needed breaking in. This gun is an utter tack driver with about any pellet put in it. I got a 25 about 3 or so months ago. It has been mostly good. The reg will creep a bit when it sits for long (days) periods of time. There was one time, after sitting for several days that the reg jumped from 2100-2200 psi to the max 3k. It has only done that one time. Other than that it stays steady just above 2k. I shot the best group of my life with it a few weeks ago. Literally put 7 fx 25.39 pellets through the same hole at 46 yards. Great guns in my book. 

I recently tried out three Avenger .22s and all three had regulator creep. All three were the new baffle models with a creep rate of 200 PSI in seven minutes plus an over night creep of 600 to 800 PSI. The rate of creep in all three Avengers was exactly the same which indicates a manufacturers defect. My begging of Pyramyd Air to send a non-creeper fell on deaf ears due mainly to their robotic customer service system. The ten for ten purchase is a joke which includes pumping up the air rifle and shooting it ten times and sticking back a box for shipment. Don't think regulator creep diagnoses is on their agenda. Good luck on getting that problem addressed. My request was simple. Please don't send another creeper. Somehow without my understanding as to why, my last creeper was channeled over to Air Venturi for an evaluation. My hope was they were going to find me a new non-creeper. Wrong! My creeper was evaluated by pumping it up, looking at the tank pressure and doing a shot string. What does that have to do with regulator creep. The verdict of Air Venturi, " nothing wrong with your air rifle". The Air Vernturi procedure was identical to the joke Pyramyd Air calls ten for ten. Presently, I am seeking a refund but feel that will be ignored even though the Avenger creeper is within the 60 day return policy.

My research and investigation has revealed a possible explanation for ignoring the Avenger creepers. First, it is possible the creepers are a manufacturers defect of unknown quantities. The Avenger had a poppet problem that took over a year to solve. This may be the case for the creepers with the current Avenger inventory plus the cargo boats waiting at the dock to be unloaded from China. If my speculation is correct on the problem being wide spread, Pyramyd Air and Air Venturi are sitting on a possible loss of revenue if a regulator defect becomes common knowledge. .This is why I think Avenger regulator issues are ignored. Another issue that has compounded the problem is the lack of spare parts from China. Replacement regulators may not be available.

Please don't take my word for this information. Do your own investigation. Buy the Avenger if that is your preference. Above is my speculation based on experience and research however flawed that may be. This is an issue that air rifle consumers should at least have an awareness. One bit of advice I will give, if you have the 60 day exchange and return policy for the Avenger from Pyramyd Air, examine your air rifle ASAP and take advantage of the warranty. Don't send it to Air Venturi during those 60 days, you will regret it.
Hey I had the same exact thing, 3 guns in a row.