Air Venturi Avenger price question

Hello everyone!

Happy new year first of all!!!
I had made a few posts about spring powered air rifles a while ago. Eventually, due to budget constraints (rent and other university related dues) I bought a XISICO/BAM/BMK XS/BAM 19 in .22. A friend who has been working on these guns for quite some time tuned it for me and I'm really happy with it!! Especially for the price point! (about 100€). Since I already have two springers (this and an x-blade), I thought that it would be nice to save up in order to get a pcp next...

So, the air venturi avenger is a really nice rifle (I'm being captain obvious here) with a really affordable price point. Thing is, here in Greece, it's pricier compared to what it is in the USA.

More specifically, the U.S price for the version with the wooden stock (that's the one that I really like) is about 430$ (429.99$ on pyramid air).
In Greece, the very same gun costs 649.00€ (which is about 696.99$).

I'm not trying to bash the rifle in any way. I know that it is a great gun because of it's performance and tunability (very few people have something negative to say about it which is an added bonus imho). However, the question is, is it worth it the 649 euros? Or should I look elsewhere for a pcp air rifle that won't break the bank?

There are other options available here that are more economic compared to the avenger.

For example, a lot of Artemis (snow peak) air rifles (m11, m16, m25).

Artemi's bullpups (p10, p12, p15, p35) are really close to the avenger in terms of price.

Some of Hatsan's rifles are also cheaper than the avenger (flash, bt65).

However, from what I've seen Artemis' and Hatsan's quality control are not really all that great.
The m25 for instance is a bolt action rifle, it weights in at about 3.7 kgs and is quite long (1240 mm).
The bt65 is also a bolt action rifle, and weights in at 4.1 kgs.

The avenger with the wooden stock is lighter (2.9 kgs according to krale). It has a side-lever, foster fit for filling with air, pressure gauges that are not right below the barrel and plenty of adjustments. And it seems to be highly regarded by most people in terms of reliability and consistency.

I have 1 plastic stocked Avenger and 3 P35s. Guess which I like more. I paid over $100 more for the P35s and I feel like they are easily worth that much more. I like my Avenger but I do not like having the shroud supported by a plastic end cap and a plastic spacer about 2/3 of the way down the barrel. The stock isn't very nice either but you plan on the wood one so that should resolve that. It has a gauge for the regulator and the regulator is much easier to set than the P35 but I don't mess with the regulator much after the initial tune of the gun. My Avenger leaked when I got it but got fixed by AV under warranty. I paid for the shipping to them and was without the gun for about 5 weeks. None of my P35s have needed any repairs. P35s have a nice air diverter in the shroud which supports the shroud well and baffles in the shroud to reduce the noise. There is a hair curler mod for minimal dollars that makes these guns about 85 db - back yard friendly to me. My Avenger is now about as quiet but it was much harder to get it there. My experience is that SPA quality was better than Air Venturi. My P35-22 is more accurate than my Avenger, my P35-177 about equal to the Avenger in accuracy and the P35-25 is a little worse than my Avenger. The P35s are also lighter and about equally powerful. They are bullpups like I like but you seem to want a full length rifle. SPA offers those too, There is a bottle gun they offer that I have seen good reviews for.

That sounds like a good option for you imo. Im sure there are others, but that platform is a good starter. Id keep that in my top 3 contenders.
Some reason id prefer the coyote . Maybe not the adjustable and all but a tried and true gun. + Wood and steel vs plastic ( even if wood venger). Then kinda to what jimd says. Giys with the poi issues i assume is in part to the shrouded barrel (??). Gamo eu/spain has a better selection then gamo usa offers..lol

Its a good looking gun to me. Wood and straight steel barrel.. that s just me i guess

I have 1 plastic stocked Avenger and 3 P35s. Guess which I like more. I paid over $100 more for the P35s and I feel like they are easily worth that much more. I like my Avenger but I do not like having the shroud supported by a plastic end cap and a plastic spacer about 2/3 of the way down the barrel. The stock isn't very nice either but you plan on the wood one so that should resolve that. It has a gauge for the regulator and the regulator is much easier to set than the P35 but I don't mess with the regulator much after the initial tune of the gun. My Avenger leaked when I got it but got fixed by AV under warranty. I paid for the shipping to them and was without the gun for about 5 weeks. None of my P35s have needed any repairs. P35s have a nice air diverter in the shroud which supports the shroud well and baffles in the shroud to reduce the noise. There is a hair curler mod for minimal dollars that makes these guns about 85 db - back yard friendly to me. My Avenger is now about as quiet but it was much harder to get it there. My experience is that SPA quality was better than Air Venturi. My P35-22 is more accurate than my Avenger, my P35-177 about equal to the Avenger in accuracy and the P35-25 is a little worse than my Avenger. The P35s are also lighter and about equally powerful. They are bullpups like I like but you seem to want a full length rifle. SPA offers those too, There is a bottle gun they offer that I have seen good reviews for.
SPA makes a lot of interesting rifles that's true. I'm not really against getting a bullpup. I was just talking about the conventional version of the avenger because I'm not really into it's bullpup configuration... the rail seems to be a little high over the bore....

Very nice write-up on the P35s!!! They seem to be quite nice along with the P15... If I recall correctly, the P15 used to be sold by diana as the skyhawk and now the P35s are sold by stoeger as the xm1 bullshark (?).

Thing is, I've read about a lot of qc issues with spa's rifles. This is what has me a bit concerned...

Which bottle-gun are you referring to? I would like to check that out!

Last edited:
That sounds like a good option for you imo. Im sure there are others, but that platform is a good starter. Id keep that in my top 3 contenders.
Some reason id prefer the coyote . Maybe not the adjustable and all but a tried and true gun. + Wood and steel vs plastic ( even if wood venger). Then kinda to what jimd says. Giys with the poi issues i assume is in part to the shrouded barrel (??). Gamo eu/spain has a better selection then gamo usa offers..lol

Wood, straight steel barrel. I like ots look

Its a good looking gun to me. Wood and straight steel barrel.. that s just me i guess

Seems like a very nice gun. Close in terms of price to the P15, P35 and the wooden avenger. I hadn't realized that the barrel band on the avenger is made of plastic. Same goes for the coyote. I read a write-up on a greek forum and a person who bought the coyote said that it's barrel band is made of plastic.

Seems like a very nice gun. Close in terms of price to the P15, P35 and the wooden avenger. I hadn't realized that the barrel band on the avenger is made of plastic. Same goes for the coyote. I read a write-up on a greek forum and a person who bought the coyote said that it's barrel band is made of plastic.
I imagine most are plastic bands . Steel really dont make a big if any benefits in That application id assume.. also if thats plastic vs avengers plastic parts ..

You say nothing artemis/ spa like a m16 / outlaw or the Diana stormrider

I imagine most are plastic bands . Steel really dont make a big if any benefits in That application id assume.. also if thats plastic vs avengers plastic parts ..

You say nothing artemis/ spa like a m16 / outlaw or the Diana stormrider
The stormrider is available as the PR900W. The M16/outlaw is listed but is actually quite a rare find (especially in .22).

The wood stock Avenger has an aluminum barrel band. Also something to consider is the additional cost of the Saber Tactical scope rail. It seems about 50/50 if you get a factory set that are straight. Mine were super crooked and I had to buy a Saber Tactical set.

Id also prefer a Gamo Coyote over the Urban, but they are pricey and rare here in the US. They are $580 usd right now on sale at Gamo direct, and the Urban can be found all over for almost half.

The wood stock Avenger has an aluminum barrel band. Also something to consider is the additional cost of the Saber Tactical scope rail. It seems about 50/50 if you get a factory set that are straight. Mine were super crooked and I had to buy a Saber Tactical set.

Id also prefer a Gamo Coyote over the Urban, but they are pricey and rare here in the US. They are $580 usd right now on sale at Gamo direct, and the Urban can be found all over for almost half.
Lol.. ya, gamo usa only deals in the plastic it seems .. the good wood and stright steel barrel guns are eu only..lol. Americans need not apply..😉

M16 is a long rifle with an air bottle made by SPA. I have only seen reviews which seem favorable. There is a M16A and a M16D but I don't know what is different.

I got my P35-25 in October of 2021 and my P35-177 and P35-22 in June of 2022. In less than a year, SPA put an extra magnet on the magazine to hold it in place better and the barrels of both the newer guns are noticably better than the 25 caliber purchased earlier. So I think they may have improved some. But the magazine of my 22 is pretty bad, clear cover is much too loose with no way to tighten it. Fortunately Carm has better ones anyway. I didn't expect perfection or a lot of refinement for the price and I didn't get it. But I think they are solid guns that work well with a little tuning. They also have nearly useless owners manuals.