• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Air Venturi Avenger Pellet Probe broke.

Less then 200 rounds on a Air Venturi Avenger and my pellet probe broke. I wasn't even using a magazine just the single shot block. (The small pin on the front is missing, took me at least a few shots to notice.)

Is this unheard of? I can't find any Pellet Probes for sell even though I found out the P/N is 000P1-084-W-00. I bought it from amazon who says I can't return it.
What are my options? Send it back to Air Venturi and pay for it to be fixed?

Not suggesting you buy this (not even in stock) but this kit has it.

I'd probably return it through amazon myself...what a pain.

-Matt

Amazon says its not eligible for a return.
I don't think the pellet probe for the avenger X is the same as for the normal Avenger?

Possibly not, you'd have to review both parts diagrams and/or your gun and compare it to whats in that listing from pyramydair, I wouldn't buy that kit anyways it's way too much for the part you need...

Ineligible for return is a bummer, you may have to source someone that can fabricate a replacement, ideally out of something stronger! You may be able to drill/tap the current probe and repair it that way, either way sorry for your conundrum!

-Matt

If still under warranty send it in for repairs. Need images of where it broke off. If it is like the Nova Liberty and broke after o rings you could disassemble rifle after degassing and remove the probe. Then find a drill bit the size of the portion that broke off. You could drill the end of the probe and epoxy a section of drill bit shaft the correct size and length. There was discussions of doing this years ago I think for the QBs when they were being modded. Good luck whichever you do.

I think the Nova Liberty and Venturi Avenger use the same pellet probe from the youtube video I saw. Wonder if this is a common defect. Material seems like a real cheap cast aluminum, it isn't ferrous.

View attachment 404453
Definitely worth looking into... Good call!

All my best!

Kerry

p.s.

First, I would try to find out why the probe "broke" in the first place. I have never broken a pellet probe and I think finding out the reason is the first line of inquiry/action to take before replacing it only to have it happen again.

Last edited:
Reactions: MysticalDragon