Tuning Air Venturi Avenger Parts Diagram?

Did you find your missing screw? Did it fall out when you disassembled? Or somewhere in your travels?

I wonder if the ball is just there to give the set screw something to tighten against (and set its length). This is assuming that the drawing is implying that the ball goes into the safety shaft (at least that's how I read the drawing), and this is assuming that the drawing is correct.

I have the wood stock version, which has running updates to certain parts (not shown on the diagram). I have had that screw out, as I was messing with the trigger to try and get rid of the creep. The screw had some loctite on it (presumably 222 small fastener). I didn't notice the steel ball though. But the loctite could have been holding onto the ball in the safety shaft, and I would have never noticed. Or l lost mine when I had it apart.

I am planning to do some barrel work in the coming days/weeks. If I remember, I'll take a look at mine again, and report back. Hopefully someone else will have some info sooner.

Edit: When the screw is set at the correct length, and the safety is on, there is a square boss on the trigger piece that hits this screw (you can see this square boss just below the arrow head for item 8 on the page after the one you are looking at for the safety parts). The trigger barely moves when the safety is on, as it is hitting interference from the screw (head). It is a metric (M3 x 10mm long) flat point set screw (grub screw).

Thanks for the help in the functionality of the safety. The screw and ball must have fell out sometime when I was out shooting it, no idea how long it has been since the safety worked. This could have been bad news, glad I noticed it. Because it was dangerous, I decided to take the gun apart. I will not worry about loosing the warranty , it's only 6 months old. Will be sure to put the 222 thread lock on the new screw ( hopefully Lowes has the screw ).

Guess anyone with the Avenger should check the safety from time to time.

Thanks again.