• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenger Or Hatsan Bullboss or Kral Monarch

Looking to purchase my first PCP and have been looking at the 3 PCP air rifles all in .25 and would like some opinions on any or all that anyone may have. Pro/ Cons the good the bad and the ugly so to speak. The Air Venturi is the low end of my budget and the high end being the Kral Monarch. Any info and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Contndr35BB
I recently saw a post where someone was having issues with hatsan customer service. Honestly I had good experiences with them but that was over 3 years ago. I like the krals but all 3 will likely be a good fit for you. I don't like the avenger but it's not because it's a bad rifle or anything it's just that filling to 4500 is a pain. Yes you can adjust it to take less air but is that something you would like to have to mess with as a new owner? It's not really something that I want to mess with and I tinker quite a bit. Also it just feels kinda hollow and cheap. From what I hear it's accurate light and reliable but it's not really for me. If I ever get a gun with 4500psi capability I would want a bottle fed gun for huge air capacity so I can just fill it from my compressor and hunt for the day. Just my 2 cents. Good luck to you. 

I have two avengers. 22 and 25. Love them both. Dead nuts accurate and can tune across a huge range of power. Both of mine have been pretty decent. My 22 is about a year old and the reg has settled in super nicely and is really stable. The 25 creeps a bit over long periods of sitting but I expect it will break in like the 22. Get an avenger and immediately a Donny fl barrel adapter for it. When you get it take the picatiny rails off and make sure the barrel screws under are tight and then tighten and blue loc tite the rails back down. In conclusion I will add I did have to shim my center point scope on my 22 a bit to get more height adjustment out of it. Not really sure why but that worked great. 

Hey fella I have the avenger BP,and I also have 5 others such as a G30 n bull boss .25 and the others are .45-.50cal.. my avenger is my everyday go to,accurate as hell n has some serious knock down power.. my biggest take down with it was a 50lbs groundhog at 75 yards one shot 28 grain hollow tip… go air Venturi
IMG_7060.jpeg

Looking to purchase my first PCP and have been looking at the 3 PCP air rifles all in .25 and would like some opinions on any or all that anyone may have. Pro/ Cons the good the bad and the ugly so to speak. The Air Venturi is the low end of my budget and the high end being the Kral Monarch. Any info and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Hello, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I got one of the original Avengers from PA after a long wait. I think it was one of several "not quite to spec ". If I degassed to lower reg pressure I was invariably replacing the airtube o-ring , ALWAYS ! I discussed this w/ Airgun Pro shop while waxing poetically ( shooting the bull ). My partner tied to the phone at his end stated he had similar issues w/ a few early Avengers during tuning for customers also. I have set up my synthetic stocked gun several ways , including the wood stock , Buck Rail tactical and 1/2 wood stock w/ Terminador bottle kit, which is how it remains. I no longer tinker w/ it , it's set & forget now. I had a Avenger Bullpup for a while that I sold to an acquaintance . Every brand airgun I have acquired since has given me some issue that I couldn't resolve ,except my first a Hatsan Flashpup. Hatsan USA took care of my Factor RC air leak , Veradium fixed my Evinex Airspeed reg failure . John at NEAG serviced my new Kral NP03 that wouldn't air up initially . Utah Airguns just recently returned my Airmaks Katran ( that I messed up ). I have lusted after a Kral Monarch from the first time I saw one , never could find any in stock ,even at Krale . BUT , Kral's seem to now be "orphaned bastards" most places ! IMHO, if I were starting today ( I can spend your $ ) I would just bite the bullet / pellet and get the synthetic Avenge X tube model ( wood is nice but not enough cheek height ), tune to your liking and shoot the crap out of it !

Reactions: 17dean