Air Venturi AVENGER (Bullpup) Full Review

20220108_124347.1641753450.jpg

Hey guys! I was able to shoot this Avenger Bullpup in .22. This is my quick and dirty review. Stay tuned till the end for all the info on this $399 regulated PCP rifle. Thanks for watching! -Nate

P.S. Looks like they are in stock...

https://youtu.be/NH4zC3xax0g

One suggestion for improvement on your reviews. Put more in more of your subjective impressions, how it FEELS to you. Little details you like and don't like. Just measuring the same stats that are on the spec sheet and that others also publish is just a waste of time.

This is not to take away from what you've done, but why bother doing reviews that are going to be the same as everyone else's?

There are certain things I'd like to see from ALL reviewers, since impressions will vary:

• How does it feel overall? Heavy or light? Cheap or quality?
  • Any ergonomics that really stand out as good or bad? (you mentioned the buttpad, which is good)

I found it interesting that there are no baffles in the shroud, but it is very quiet. How does that work? Are baffles only needed in moderators?

Nice job!

There are certain things I'd like to see from ALL reviewers, since impressions will vary:

• How does it feel overall? Heavy or light? Cheap or quality?
  • Any ergonomics that really stand out as good or bad? (you mentioned the buttpad, which is good)

Will do! Those items will be in my next review. I was in a hurry on that one. I got that gun in the mail and less than 24 hours later I had that video posted on Youtube (about 22 hours). Usually a video takes me all week to make...as in a full 40 hour week. ...and it's not fun either.

The shooting goes like this: 1 hour set up, 20-30 minutes of shooting, 1 hour take down / then it's "butt in the chair" time for another 37 hours. (editing). 

..so the 22 hour thing was a huge accomplishment to me. Hooray!

It didn't hurt the views any!

11.1642035564.JPG

3.4 times higher views than my normal videos. I'll take that! 

and still counting.

44.1642035623.JPG

ill do! Those items will be in my next review. I was in a hurry on that one. I got that gun in the mail and less than 24 hours later I had that video posted on Youtube (about 22 hours). Usually a video takes me all week to make...as in a full 40 hour week. ...and it's not fun either.

The shooting goes like this: 1 hour set up, 20-30 minutes of shooting, 1 hour take down / then it's "butt in the chair" time for another 37 hours. (editing). 

..so the 22 hour thing was a huge accomplishment to me. Hooray!

It didn't hurt the views any!

3.4 times higher views than my normal videos. I'll take that! 

and still counting.

I used to do some editing in my videos, but it took forever; I just don't have the time, since it isn't my full-time job. Now, I do them in one take and just point the viewer to a review thread for targets and such. (some people still like more detail in text reviews) I figure that although my videos are not polished and edited at all, some people appreciate reviews from unsponsored reviewers. No pulled punches. In my latest video, I removed all ads except the old school banner ad at the bottom. 

I have a 15 year old stepdaughter that's between jobs now. She said she'll do my video editing. I said I'll either split the revenue with her or I'll pay her cash when she does the edits. I haven't taken her up on it yet.

I ordered my "Bull-venger" (or "Avenge-pup") from Airgun Depot a few days ago, and it just shipped this morning. I was about to hassle them to make a nice wood stock available for purchase, but wood is more heavy and less stable than the plastic stocks, and since this is going to be my hunting gun, I don't think I'll go that path.

I used to do some editing in my videos, but it took forever; Now, I do them in one take

Yeah. I'm spending 40 hours to do a 6 hour job....that's my bad. I'm all about efficiency now! 

My Gunnar just shipped from Airgun Depot...so I'm waiting on a new gun too! I got a .25. Rick at Shooter1721 has a .22...so test videos in both calibers on the way! -Nate 

https://youtu.be/llDRQ3ejqUM

I got my bullpup today. UPS dropped the box hard enough to dent and open up a tin of JSBs that were in the box with it. I was able to retrieve most of the pellets from the bottom of the box though. I also bought the DonnyFL adapter and a Tanto moderator for it. The Factory muzzle baffle was a bitch to get off and I did put a small scrape in the shroud tube getting it off. :(

The OEM muzzle baffle looks like this:

bullpup.1642637789.jpg

The DonnyFL adapter/baffle looks like this:

donnyfl.1642637937.jpg

The gun barrel was pretty filthy so a good cleaning ensued. I have my MTC Mamba Pro mounted and ready for some shooting tomorrow. Currently, however, the gun is at 3400psi which is as high as my Vevor compressor would take it before giving up. (call into Vevor...)

Received my Avenger bullpup yesterday and I’m having an issue with trying to bring the regulator down to 1180-1200psi after degassing, rotating the screw all the way clockwise, then a quarter turn countr-clockwise, and filling up the tube. Done that a couple of times and regulator stays at 2,100psi, even after 5-10 shots (i.e. does not settle further).
Does anyone have the same issue? Any recommendation? Called AV tech support, but no magic solutions there.

Any guidance appreciated. Thanks.