Air Venturi Avenger .25| Magazine Jam

Hi Guys,

Creating this thread for advice on how to jimmy out my jammed magazine in my avenger,

went out for a late night shoot, my rifle was getting low on air (1 Bar) thought I had a mag left to unload into some targets and I knew it was running low and only had a few shots left.

I went to cock it back all the way and wack on Safety to take my mag out and put my rifle back into my case when my mag wouldn’t jimmy out.

I’ll attach images below, Any advice on how to get this out without having to force it out and risk the possibility of damaging something and any advice on how to avoid this jam in the future?

Thanks!

image.1648540901.jpg
image.1648540929.jpg

Dont push anything down the barrel.

A commonality on guns with those magazines (marauder, gauntlet avenger) What you have is a pellet(s) stuck between the barrel leade and the magazine. If you try to force the pellet back into the magazine you will more than likely damage the o ring in the barrel leade and the magazine itself.

Gently but firmly tap a blunt object (wood dowel rod) on the left side of the magazine pushing the magazine free from the action. It may take a few smacks but it will slide out. You won’t break or damage anything unless you try to remove it in one whack😉.

Note you may have pellet fragments in the barrel and/or the magazine. Clear the barrel by firing it in a safe direction and shake the broken pieces out of the magazine, if any.

You can find other threads about this technique in the search engine “stuck magazine”

Once you get that crappy factory mag out, immediately order some CARMs for it 👍

Or a far superior AE Swede 15 shot. I've tried carm and they're ok for a 3d printed part but the AE Swede offerings (made in the USA) are machined from Delrin and are head and shoulders above the competition. I use these in my Avenger.

He also has a huge capacity sidewinder if you're into that.

Toss the factory mags as far as you can and never look back.

Dont push anything down the barrel.

A commonality on guns with those magazines (marauder, gauntlet avenger) What you have is a pellet(s) stuck between the barrel leade and the magazine. If you try to force the pellet back into the magazine you will more than likely damage the o ring in the barrel leade and the magazine itself.

Gently but firmly tap a blunt object (wood dowel rod) on the left side of the magazine pushing the magazine free from the action. It may take a few smacks but it will slide out. You won’t break or damage anything unless you try to remove it in one whack😉.

Note you may have pellet fragments in the barrel and/or the magazine. Clear the barrel by firing it in a safe direction and shake the broken pieces out of the magazine, if any.

You can find other threads about this technique in the search engine “stuck magazine”

I've run into this problem on my Marauder, Artemis/ATI PR 900W and Kral and the above method has always worked for me.

No damage to magazine is the bonus.

That is correct. However, a smaller diameter. No larger than the width of the magazine is all that’s necessary. I’ve used a rubber mallet to strike the dowel. While sitting down with your feet on the floor, lay the rifle across your lap with the flat side of the magazine up. This will lessen the impact to the overall rifle and breech. Your dowel only needs to be 6” long. With each smack you may need to increase the blow until you start to see the magazine start to move. 
keep me posted.

Any future advice to avoid this jam? Apart from chuck the trash factory mags out and buy the Good Quality ones?

Keep in mind to pull the cocking lever fully to the rear and then push fully forward every time. Don't let anyone else shoot it until they understand the same.

If you ever double load it you can shoot them out in a safe direction. Don't chamber a pellet until you're ready to shoot.

Reactions: FinnT