• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenger .25 Hunting

Hi everyone, I'm really new to all stuff but have been putting in at least an hour a day into reading and watching YouTube videos about air rifling. After doing some research, I ended up getting a AV Avenger .25 and my first beginner air rifle paired with Hawke 4-12×40mm scope. I intend on taking with me to south Florida to hunt iguanas and probably around some of the wildlife management areas to hunt squirrels and rabbits. What pellet should I be using for these species? Would yall recommend a moderator as I've heard in rare cases, you can get prosecuted for having one. Any info and suggestions will help. Big thanks ahead of time!!

Hi there! Im writing from Argentina.

Regarding your question, i think that the JSB King 25,4 grains will be a perfect pellet for your rifle. I also have an Air Venturi Avenger, with the only difference that in Argentina arrives by the Brand Red-Target and the model is HP 800 R2.

I tried slugs, in 33,5 , 27 and 29 grains, getting good groups.

Best regards!

Thanks for the responses fellas. I still haven't shot the rifle yet as I just got it a few days ago and I'm still waiting for the proper scope mount to come in since the ones I bought were too low. Once I get the scope sighted in, I'll do some grouping shots from 25 and 50yrds. I hope someone can fill me in on the moderator/silencer question I had because I wouldn't want to take a big chance if it's going to get me in trouble.