• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenger .25 cal

Not just the avenger. A lot of pellets and other guns are out of stock and takes months to see them back. Been into airgun for over 15 years and I have never seen anything like this. I believe its 99% covid. That is why everything is low in supply. I still waiting for my ps5 that came out last year and they don't even have in stock at any retailers. So not just airgun u know. Its covid.

@kc2llw You have 4 options, call the dealers directly to see if the DO have an Avenger in stock, their websites may not be up to date. 

Option 2 is suck it up and put in a pre-order than wait like many of us do for their guns. 

Option 3: If you do want the gun quickly order one from Krale here in the Netherlands, but price is much higher than in USA: https://www.krale.shop/us/air-venturi-avenger/ 

option 4: You can't wait for the Avenger and want a gun now, find an alternative/s to the Avenger plastic stock. UtahAirguns does have the Avenger in the wood stock available in 25 cal: https://utahairguns.com/air-venturi-avenger-wood-stock/

Yeah I really don't like the wood stock and feel like paying $100 more for something I would change doesn't make sense. I guess I will wait for the plastic stock version to become available. I think a lot of it is us 22LR powder burner guys are making the move to PCP's. With the 22LR ammo prices sky high and everything is OOS it's driving us to the PCP's, not to mention government regulations. I like the 25 and 30 cal PCP's. Some beautiful rifles if you can afford them.

Thanks,

Steve

I almost waited too long to get my 25 caliber Avenger earlier this year. I started thinking of buying one last year, then everybody was out but I asked to be notified by PA, they sent me a note. I waited about a month and when I went to order, PA, Utah airguns, and Airguns of Arizona were all out. But Midway had one. So I was a bit lucky. It initally leaked but I sent it in to Air Venturi and they fixed it. I get nice little 1/4 inch groups at 33 yards with FX 25.4 grain and JSB Heavies. About 50 ft lbs. 2400 reg, 1.5 turns in on the hammer spring.

There are other nice airguns but if this is what you want I think it's worth the wait. Be ready to pump a lot if you pump it, however. First fill was about 250. Refills are about 100, normally, but I did not pump all the way to 4000 most of the time. I bought a Yong Heng which makes filling it much easier. Most of the time I pumped I had the regulator at 1600 psi and got about 35 ft. lbs. It wasn't quite as accurate as it's current tune but it was still accurate and a lot of fun. Got a lot more shots per fill.

@kc2llw you are welcome. When I was in USA last time I stopped by UA they had inventory their website said they didn’t have in, thus why I say call. I think for some of the AAA Evol the wait time can be a LONG time,, and I thought I remember someone saying they waited two years for the EVOL.

Aloha,

Not just the EVOL, but I think guys are still waiting for their Slayers. I know I'm still waiting for my Texan.

Aloha, Keone

I bought my .25 Avenger (wood stock) from Airgun Depot - I could not find it in stock anywhere else. I bought it on 4/26/21 and it arrived at my door on 4/28/21.

It's a great shooter, but loud (I'm a back yard shooter). So, I ordered an adapter and SUMO silencer from DonnyFL and it really quietened it down. In fact, it shoots so well, it rivals my .25 Daystate Wolverine HP and cost a heck of a lot less.

I shot JSB Exact King Heavy Diabolo, 33.95 gr pellets from the Avenger and it shot them at an average speed of 822 fps, giving me an FPE of 50.95 ft-lbs.

I shot pellets from same tin in the Wolverine. It shot them at an average speed of 819.2 fps and an FPE of 50.60 ft-lbs.

I was pleasantly surprised the Avenger did so well - it's accurate, too.

Steve,

It depends on your neighbors. My lot is narrow, maybe 75 feet wide, but both my neighbors have double lots. I've shot my Avenger in my backyard without complaint but recently added a home made moderator to reduce the noise by 9db. At my ~50 ft. lb tune I measured it at over 90 db. Now it is closer to 80 db. I did not have a measurement device when I shot it at the 35 ft. lb level but I'm sure it was quieter. It is not against the law for me to shoot it in my yard where I live and my neighbors are OK. I'm sure they can hear it if they are outside, even at 80 something db.

It sounds like you have a lot more separation. I would guess your neighbors will know you are shooting it when you do but not if they are inside and not if there is other noise - like a lawn mower. I would check the local laws to be sure it is OK, however.

I have a Benjamin pump but I bought a cheap Chinese one with a little red tampon type filter on it from Amazon. I think it was $60. Both my pumps work but the Benjamin only goes up to 3000 psi. You don't have to pump the Avenger to 4,000 but it gives you more shots if you do. My Yong Heng will fill the Avenger to 4,000 psi in under a minute. You'll probably want one but you can certainly have a lot of fun even if you are limited to a handpump.

Jim

Jim,

Great information, I currently shoot a 10/22 with a 28” barrel and use 22lr CCI quite’s 40 grain at about 750 FPS. The impact is usually louder than the report. Not sure about the dB’s. I think I would go with the Yong heng over the hand pump. I just hope the Avenger will not be too loud. In the direction I shoot it is about 150 yards to the neighbors property line and all woods.

Steve

KC2LLW, I totally understand not wanting a wood stock, as I too, prefer synthetic for weight savings and taking on the elements, BUT, the Avenger is an exception. The Avenger's stock redifines the plastic hollow feeling that everyone who hates synthetic stocks talk about. You have to feel it and use it to believe it, and if you noticed, it is mentioned by every airgun reviewer because it is so much worse than normal synthetic stocks. Also, you have to disassemble the synthetic stock, to take the gun apart, a real loser. If Utah Airguns has the wood stock available, I doubt that you would regret getting it in the long run, and you would be assured of having the improved derlin valve too, as all of the wood ones are shipping with them.

Well I do generally like wood stocks but the color of the Avenger wood stock is not appealing to me, although I could re stain it in a darker walnut color. I think one way or the other I will purchase one very soon just worried it may be to loud for my backyard. Watching youtube videos is kind of hard to get a real sense of the actual report of the gun. Some sound more like a puff of air while others have more of a crack sound similar to a 22 short.

Thanks,

Steve

It isn't quiet for an airgun but compared to a rimfire it is. You will need a baffle kit or an adapter for an aftermarket suppressor of your choice to be really quiet though. My brother has his turned all the way up and even with the baffle kit it isn't making less noise than the pellet hitting the target that's for sure. However, if you run your gun at 50fpe instead of 60fpe, (like he is) the noise should come down considerably. The microphones, in the videos I have seen, have yet to even come close to the actual sound they make. An adapter and a DonnyFL Sumo would be good and you can always use it on the other airguns you will be getting down the road.

The devil is in the details. Theoretically, yes and no. It all depends on how you tune what you have. The Avenger, for its price, is very tunable. I believe it is among the best you can buy at its price. I like the DAR too but it has been having some problems. One thing for sure is that the Avenger is a very accurate gun with a lot of different projectiles. Surprisingly so. On any airgun available at this price point it is going to take a balanced tune and/or a really big suppressor to be quiet at its peak power. The trick is to find the best tune with a power you can live with and get the smallest suppressor that will keep the neighbors happy.