Air Venturi Avenger .25 Cal 50 Yard Pellet/Slug Accuracy, Velocity, & Power Test

Thought I would share some velocity and FPE numbers with air gun avenger in .25 cal shooting 5 shot groups at 50 yards. Here is the key take aways before showing data. Plan to eventually do this at 100 yards and then do a 50 and 100 yard comparison to my FX Impact and Edgun Leshiy 2 to see how this $300 airgun compares to two very expensive airguns.

1. All pellets and slugs used grouped well 0.5” to 1”. I wouldn’t read too much into who was 0.5”vs 1” as I was doing this from a rotating sled kind of quickly and would contribute quite a bit to my own error. Bottom line, all these shot well at 50 yards. I took best 4 of 5 shots generally as I felt myself occasionally pull a shot.
    [/LIST=1]

1. No foot pound equivalent (FPE) drop when using slugs vs pellets. Using other airguns I have generally seen a 10-15% drop in foot pound equivalent when using slugs vs pellets but this barrell handled it like a champ. I had tested with a different .25 cal avenger and saw about a 5% drop in FPE but this one did not do that (assuming about equivalent weight). Also, I have a .22 cal avenger and it saw about a 10% drop using slugs vs pellets so not sure what the norm is.
      [/LIST=1]

1. FPE’s ranged from 51-59 with no surprise heavier stuff being on the higher end. Velocities ranged from 880 to 970 FPS. Weights varied from 25.39gr to 36.2gr
        [/LIST=1]

1. The POI shift from pellet to pellet slug to slug was inconsistent. There was shifts left to right, up to down and seemed no correlation to weight or BC. My hypothesis is everytime I filled it up after about 15-20 shots the vibrations from my compressor effected the POI as I was laying gun on its side on my counter (which would then vibrate) when compressor ran. Vibration wasn’t huge but enough it might effect things on either gun or scope.
          [/LIST=1]

1. About 1 in 20 shots would act odd and I would see 200ish drop in FPS then it would go back to normal. I’m not sure why. Could be the gun, could be pellet/slug, could be an adaptor to the moderator strike at end of barrel.
            [/LIST=1]

1. Extremely small increase in FPE from flat base Nielsen slugs vs dish base. I would of thought opposite. Also .249 vs .250 diameter worked fine.
              [/LIST=1]

Note: I had the regulator at factory setting about 2800 PSI and I turned hammerstring all the way in and backed it out about a corner turn from that. Data started pretty much out of the box, I shot maybe 40 random shots to “break in” and then started recording data. Also note some show 2 FPS numbers beause I was comparing 2 chronographs simultaneously

Conclusion: Can shoot up to 50 yards with just about anything and very accurately with this gun. My groupings would likely be about the same using much more expensive airguns (FX Impact or Edgun Leshiy 2) given how quickly I was taking the shots.

Keep a running total of the number of shots through the gun set at 2800psi. Don't ask but it's the same question I ask Hatsan Semi Auto owners.

I have about 2000+ rounds through the .22 though maybe half were at high power. Interesting thing I noticed on the .22 and the first .25 I had was power dropped about 5 to 10% on both them after a few hundred rounds and never came back up. Havent gotten there yet with this .25 but expect to see the same behavior

I just received my Avenger in 25 and CANNOT wait to tinker. Thanks for the data you have provided!!! this will be REALLY useful and exactly what I was looking for. I plan on using the JSB Hades in 26grn and the Diablo in 25.4grn. I am going to order some slugs, once I see what people prefer as far as weight and make. Now, if only my NOMAD II would show up! grrrrrrrr