Air Venturi Avenger .177 poff noise

I had my Avenger for a month now but season and weather had made it difficult to test.

I met with my friend Soren Drost yesterday and we have both bought Avengers plastic stock version to test.

Avenger .... Whats all the talk about - is it that accurate.

we both also installed the Donnyfl moderator adaptor.

both rifles shoots similar and very good. both set about 110-120 bar factory settings.

when i shoot mine there is a rather loud poff sound somwhere under plastic sounds like aroundthe block.

I checked the pellet probe orings are fine and i cannot feel any airleaks from that area when i test shoot.

Sorens does not have that sound at all it is all so quiet and normal what to expect from a low cost PCP air rifle.

both shoot around the same speed and we both can shoot around 4 mags (20 rounds) before we need to refill the rifle.

has any experienced the anoing poff sound - even with moderator it is not back yard friendly.

received_4563479483773410.1640038159.jpeg

Note to the image - thats what we call serious testing in Denmark :)

The noise may come from the air coming out at the end of the shroud towards the receiver.

In my case the shroud was a litte loose and moving.

This was going to be my guess. Maybe the o-ring is missing?

I drilled holes in the shroud on mine (near the receiver)....and it does make a distinctly different noise.

To identify where an external air leak or puff is coming from I usually just spread saliva (or soapy water) on the suspected area and when I shoot the saliva/soapy water will be blown away if the leak is there.

If you drilled holes in the shroud that may definitely cause that noise.