Air Venturi Avenge-X (New Modular PCP) - $499

Says up to 60 fpe in 25 and up to 50 fpe in 22

This is a gun I really wanted to like... I'm always rooting for the low/mid price range gear that's in my budget... but damn these are ugly. I would take a 1st gen wood stock Avenger and possibly modify it over this any day.
I kind of think the new tube versions look better than the old ones. Transfer port adjuster, caliber change modularity and more power are super appealing. I think I might be onboard with the extra 200.

Reactions: darylm
I already have the wood Avenger in .25 (love it) and I was seriously considering getting a .22 with plastic stock so I could give it the tactical frame and bottle treatment and then use it to pest starlings and rats.
Now I see this and while it looks like I can just buy that now, do I want to?
I guess I will wait for all this to shake out.
AV has a vid out. These have added a transfer port adjuster and the ability to easily swap calibers. Poor man’s dreamline for sure. I’d go with one of these over decking out an old version.

Very interesting. I had a 22 cal, one of the original version and was very good for the price! The bottle version has a weird look to it but if its very accurate I could easily look past it. I wonder now that the barrel is interchangeable, if they will come out with pellet and slug barrels???
Not sure they'd need a different barrel for pellets or slugs, my Avenger seems to like either. Maybe I found the magic sweet spot on the tune?
I should really check/prove that on paper but my squirrel target at 75yds sees no difference between pellets and slugs (except when it's windy).

Reactions: Ed24
Sure would be nice if it were available in .300 cal.
In my opinion they would have to rework alot to make the .30 work. My guess is that the block itself is similar to avenger in which the transfer ports and stuff are not large enough to support a .30 cal. But without seeing this gun personally I can only guess based on their states FPE as it is basically the same as to what I achieved with my avenger in .25 cal. I know on my avenger the ports are way too small for .30 to work effectively.

I’ve been reading and watching on this release of the Avenge-X PCP. I noticed this recent story by HAM from the IWA show that features the designer of the gun. They include a photo of him holding “his favorite version”. Notice in the photo he is holding a version with a very “normal” looking bottle. And this is also seen on the examples on the display wall behind him.

D74A8DE8-9DF9-4242-B1B5-F7C749ECD4C5.png

Last edited:
Bottle version is overpriced at lower cc and it’s ugly. If you choose the wrong chassis you can’t convert to another. Only difference i see is adjustable transfer port over the avenger.
To Be Fair.. to be able to change the caliber.. Similar to the Dreamline.. Appears to be an upgrade.. The solid aluminum block action.. As well.

If they would offer the Tac Bottle model.. Without their goofy bottle.. So we could add a regulator with fill port.. and a thinner style bottle.

I would pre-order now.. $530 for a solid built rifle.. that shoots very close in accuracy to my Dreamline Lite.. (** I own a wood stock Avenger) With similar features of my Dreamline.. No Brainer.. My Dreamline has the standard tube bottle.

Dreamlines ... $1100ish base price is still double this Avenge-X.. But here is the expected advantage of the model X.. Cheaper caliber change over kits.. Just saying...

Be Well All

Last edited: