• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenge-X (New Modular PCP) - $499

I too.. was not really understanding the ''real'' difference between the original Avenger and the new X model. I rewatched the YouTube with Steve (AEAC Channel) and Tyler for (Air Venturi). I jotted down some notes.. I have to say.. I was kind of blown away.

Using the base grey stock models in direct comparison of the old and new models.. here are most of the features you get for: just $150.. $150 ..I mean.. $150 bucks..
. Say what?

1) Adjustable rubber butt stock pad
2) Adjustable Cheek riser
3) Better solid stock (huge compliant of the old model)
4) More adjustment in the hammer spring ..extra turns
5) All metal action
6) Metal picatinny bi-rail
7) New all stainless steal regulator (much needed)
8) Muti-click stop air transfer port adjuster
9) New style air guages
10) Optional big air bottle
11) All metal trigger assembly.. easier to adjust
12) Options to change calibers
13) Options to change stocks
14) Larger standard air tube ( old 180.. new 210cc)
15) It appears to have the same barrel.. if it ain't broke.. don't fix it
16) It is worth noting.. if I understand it correctly.. they plan possible varied barrel lengths ??
17) New barrel stabilizing insert.. and adapter for quiet can install.. (no need to buy Donny adaptor ) There's a $45 plus there alone..
18) Better barrel band system
19) Cocking lever can be switched to opposite side for left hand operation..

It appears to me.. at least.. there is the ability to set up a standard looking larger air bottle.. at least on the tactical model.. which would be my personal choice.

I was on the fence about buying another mid-tier air rifle.. however.. there is no doubt.. I will be preordering a .22 tactical Avenge-X

Be Well All

Last edited:
Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I'm new here and have been out of the game for decades. I shot air rifles a lot in my youth and into the mid 90s until work and family sidetracked that love. Weeks ago I thought that I'd get back into it and jumped feet first into a Gamo Swarm Magnum. With less than 100 pellets through it, I'd say buyer's remorse may exist. Don't get me wrong, it seems to be a great gun but a tad too big for me and the jolt makes offhand shooting really difficult. So I started looking at other options and found the original Avenger and I was just about ready to take a chance on winning that lottery, until I saw videos from the latest shot show about the Avenge-X. It maybe a bigger crap shoot full of issues when it comes out but I will probably buy one of them ASAP. Now I need to learn about aux tanks to refill the rifle with, compressors, and everything in between.

I'm new here and have been out of the game for decades. I shot air rifles a lot in my youth and into the mid 90s until work and family sidetracked that love. Weeks ago I thought that I'd get back into it and jumped feet first into a Gamo Swarm Magnum. With less than 100 pellets through it, I'd say buyer's remorse may exist. Don't get me wrong, it seems to be a great gun but a tad too big for me and the jolt makes offhand shooting really difficult. So I started looking at other options and found the original Avenger and I was just about ready to take a chance on winning that lottery, until I saw videos from the latest shot show about the Avenge-X. It maybe a bigger crap shoot full of issues when it comes out but I will probably buy one of them ASAP. Now I need to learn about aux tanks to refill the rifle with, compressors, and everything in between.
That's a bit of a loaded question.. With several different answers.. Most found on YouTube..

I was a diver back then.. I had scuba tanks..
I started PCP.. with Hatsan AT-44... Which only used a 2900 psi fill.. So 7 bucks each to fill my tanks was great..

Of course we lived in the country and I didn't need to pack then to a range..

Avenger/Avenge-x fill to 4500 psi.. Whole different animal..

I currently use the trusty Yang Heng compressor and 3 used Firefighter carbon fiber tanks..

Not in the country any more.. So the range is my place now.. I don't hunt..

But $200ish for compressor and couple used cf tanks for about $100.. Might be a start..

But know this.. You will need a fill hose and Guage.. Filters for tank filling.. The gun.. Scope and rings.. Case.. Ammo.. It never ends.. Mods.. Better mags.. plenums.. Ect..

Buy used as much as possible.. I bought a Same as new ..wood stock Avenger for $300.. Best 300 I have spent in the hobby..

Best of luck on your journey..

Be Well All

Pretty much lost interest myself. I’m sure it will come back whenever it’s released. I ended up spending my money for this gun on an Airacuda max. Honestly, having owned two avengers I’m pretty sure they would suit me just fine as well.
I've not lost interest yet in the Avenge-X series, but @bthurman has me wanting one of his tweaked n tuned rifles. I'm waiting on a response from my email yesterday and I expect I'll be ordering then.

Reactions: Trucker3573
The low cost dreamline. I'm not liking the looks of these guns though. Ugly
I agree they kinda are ugly 🤣 all of em look weird just like I dont know what about em all the guns just look ugly, Looking at the air tube thats silver colored EWWW SO UGLY, Like you said they are pretty ugly and thats not up for debate, I personally would like carbon fiber bottle, I dont kno whats up with the ugly air tubes an the blockier stocks.

I agree they kinda are ugly 🤣 all of em look weird just like I dont know what about em all the guns just look ugly, Looking at the air tube thats silver colored EWWW SO UGLY, Like you said they are pretty ugly and thats not up for debate, I personally would like carbon fiber bottle, I dont kno whats up with the ugly air tubes an the blockier stocks.
I'm not so sure that the guns they showed during Shot Show 2023 will be the final product. I wrote the manufacturer a week or so ago and asked when they'd be available and they said @ the first week of June. Furthermore, the guns on their website definitely look different, especially the bottles.

I'm not so sure that the guns they showed during Shot Show 2023 will be the final product. I wrote the manufacturer a week or so ago and asked when they'd be available and they said @ the first week of June. Furthermore, the guns on their website definitely look different, especially the bottles.

Thanks.. I am glad to here that.. Guess I better start watching.. Pyramid Air website for when the pre-order is announced..

After experiencing the accuracy of my Avenger 25cal..pretty much equal to my Dreamline..

I am all in..especially for the long list of improvements.. the Avenge-x is bringing.. Excited to get my order in

My guess is.. These things are going to be tuff to find for awhile.. If I don't get in on the first batch..

Not worried about new gun issues.. Since most of the changes are pretty straight forward

Be Well All..

Thanks.. I am glad to here that.. Guess I better start watching.. Pyramid Air website for when the pre-order is announced..

After experiencing the accuracy of my Avenger 25cal..pretty much equal to my Dreamline..

I am all in..especially for the long list of improvements.. the Avenge-x is bringing.. Excited to get my order in

My guess is.. These things are going to be tuff to find for awhile.. If I don't get in on the first batch..

Not worried about new gun issues.. Since most of the changes are pretty straight forward

Be Well All..
Yea I bet the dreamline has less poi shifting though, You have to mod the avengers a bit weather its a barrel bands or harmonic discs as Dana, dadr-232 On ebay sells, I had to get some to help with poi shift on the avenger bullpup funny enough I found after installing the bully band and the harmonic discs and the barrel band, It was grouping good and then id get poi shifting left to right and I found when I shot the gun down It went left and when back up in psi shot to the right an inch an a half or so and I took off the barrel band an that seemed to solve it, I do want more power out of my .22 bullpup though maybe if I can get the barrel an tranfer ports an the valve spring then we would be talkin like 60 fpe that would be good I wouldnt need to upgrade guns ever, The 25 I kno can get up to 80 fpe or so with all the mods.

Well.. When I saw the pre-order come up on Pyramyd Air for the Avenge-x..

I was not on board for waiting a couple months for delivery after pre-order..

But it occurred to me.. I had set the cash in my happy drawer.. aside for the purchase.

So a few days later.. I decided to go ahead and place the order..

Only to discover that PA.. was sold out of the 1st run of guns..

Grabed a Tac version in 22 cal.. 210cc tube model..
No charge until the rifle ships.. Airgun Depot..

So now the wait.. Plus.. signed up for the 10 shot pre-check and over night leak down test

Greg.. My Airgun Depot.. Order guy.. Was not sure on Delivery date..

But.. gave me a glimmer of hope.. Mentioning an outside chance they might arrive a taste early..

Be Well All

Hey could the avenge x bottle be fitted to the Nova Freedom? My pump failed and I'm looking for a bottle option for the Nova Freedom where I could either just attach a bottle or put a regulated bottle on it. I intend to just shoot it at 1800 psi or below with the 15.89 gr JSB exacts that shot 3/8" at 50' when the pump worked. If anyone knows a method or place I could get parts to do this I would greatly appreciate it!