Air Venturi AV-46M Match Air Pistol

Mine showed up yesterday.
IZH46M.LtSide.jpg
IZH46M.RtSide.jpg
IZH46M.inBox.Accys.jpg
IZH46M.OpenBox.Manual.jpg

Welcome to the club! I suppose by your comment they now have none left!

Their website says “in stock “ and are back on “clearance sale” with 12% off.

Strange they would say only one left, then all of a sudden more in stock. I apparently missed the earlier sale, and also this one if in fact it is good. At any rate UPS is doing a good job on this one, showing out for delivery today, when they had estimated next Monday
Unfortunate timing but I’m sure you will be enjoying your new pistol long after the $$ is forgotten.
Great that it will be delivered today! Be sure to let us know what you think. I’d be interested in the serial number and date mfg as compared to mine and others order from CSS.

Unfortunate timing but I’m sure you will be enjoying your new pistol long after the $$ is forgotten.
Great that it will be delivered today! Be sure to let us know what you think. I’d be interested in the serial number and date mfg as compared to mine and others order from CSS.
"Nice pistol, looks good! In the first picture, what does the symbol comprising of a large F and the Pentagon shape mean?"

Serial is 20462150 no idea about date. talking about the symbol what does the letters HWG DE mean/

I did have a problem with the grips. A couple of points had some sharp edges that I simply could not deal with. A few minutes with a fine wood rasp then some decreasing sandpaper grits, from 120 to 600, took care of that in about 20 minutes. Largest area was on left side of grip where three fingers wrap around, and the other was the section just under the trigger guard, that would be just over the large finger when gripping the gun. A quick wipe with some Beechwood Casey Original oil and it blended right back into whatever finish was present. I was expecting to have to completel refinish but lucked out there.

Reactions: Bandito and Gwelo
Serial is 20462150 no idea about date. talking about the symbol what does the letters HWG DE mean/
The first two digits in the serial number are the year of mfg (20=2020)). The day and month are in the Russian/English manual. Probably end of November 2020 since our serial numbers are 21 apart.
No idea on the HEG DE. Anybody?

Reactions: Bandito
the only thing that held me up was im a lefty . Custom lefty grips +$ 200
But this gives me the opportunity (excuse) to go to more Air Gun Shows
There used to be a guy in Cincinnati that made lefty grips out of some sort of material( not wood). But it didn’t feel bad in the hand, and could easily be sanded to fit better. It’s been over 10 years ago when I got a set for my izh. Can’t remember his name, but found him on pilkington forum.

Reactions: Bandito and Sc0-
There used to be a guy in Cincinnati that made lefty grips out of some sort of material( not wood). But it didn’t feel bad in the hand, and could easily be sanded to fit better. It’s been over 10 years ago when I got a set for my izh. Can’t remember his name, but found him on pilkington forum.
Actually just saw on website AV M46 can be had with lefty grips +$100 , so $849

I had him make some grips for me in 2012,...he did great work. Here is the link to a thread about his grips...