Air Venturi AV-46M Match Air Pistol

Personally, I think so. I got one about six months ago and previously had been shooting some custom Crosman CO2 types, and some restored Daisy 777 pistols. After getting it the others get very little use. It is so much easier to cock, looks like it is coming apart with the cocking lever linkage, and is so easy to hold and accuracy, well for my 77 year old eyes, great. I do not shoot too many targets, prefering something more reactive, so it's hanging soda cans. 10 meters is too easy, so have moved back to50 feet and it's still easy, and I shoot standing up, no rest.

I had to look up the price and, yeah, you’re still getting a pretty nice gun for your money. As mentioned above these 10 meter pistols have been around for quite awhile. My personal favorite 10M SSP’s would be an FWB 100, 102, 103 or a Walther LPM-1 all long out of production. Used you’d pay more than $800 for any of them. It’s nice to have a new pistol, but if you’re willing to go used, the IZH 46M come up pretty often usually for about $500. You could also do a search in the Target Talk website to find what people have said about these pistols over time. Mine shoots far better than I do. :) Jay

I'm sure there are plenty of other 10M pistols that have a long sight radius such as the AV or IZH 46m models. but most are pcp and that is a different ball game. I just prefer not to get into the game requiring a pump or compressor, plus not in an area where scuba diving is a thing so no possible support there and those tanks and compressors are expensive.

Pro tip, Canada Shooting Supply has them for 799 Canadian, it qualifies for free shipping, AND is currently on a 12 percent discount for the holidays. It’s the Baikal version, not the AV repop. All in all you end up getting a brand new IZH46m for less than 530 American. Pretty smoking deal I’d say, I nearly bought one before stumbling into a FWB100.

I thought the AV-46m was being made by the gun barrel manufacturer Azov (hence the AV), in Russia. (aka- Alpha Precision.)

It would be nice to have a US based manufacturer of parts, though!

photo of my AV-46m...

40D2D624-CCA6-4F05-9610-7BC15467E2B9.png

It's a fun and accurate pistol, a tad heavier than my liking but doesn't need anything to shoot like a PCP does. Some lightweight components would be nice to have on it but would drive the price up... The pumping is a chore though, 115 minute match is just about needed...

If my budget was around $500 and couldn't find a used Izzy 46m, I would lean more towards the PP20 ARTEMIS/SNOWPEAK PCP or an older C02 FWB or Steyr.

Pro tip, Canada Shooting Supply has them for 799 Canadian, it qualifies for free shipping, AND is currently on a 12 percent discount for the holidays. It’s the Baikal version, not the AV repop. All in all you end up getting a brand new IZH46m for less than 530 American. Pretty smoking deal I’d say, I nearly bought one before stumbling into a FWB100
Good catch Growla! I ordered one, should be here next Tue. Only 15 left and once gone, no more available. Comes with manual and spare parts like seals, different front sight inserts, manual tools, cleaning rod and brush. 2020-2021 production which is the latest I've seen. Didn't get free shipping but total was $543 to my door. I have had a few of these and they never fail to please.

Last edited:
Good catch Growla! I ordered one, should be here next Tue. Only 15 left and once gone, no more available. Comes with manual and spare parts like seals, different front sight inserts, manual tools, cleaning rod and brush. 2020-2021 production which is the latest I've seen. Didn't get free shipping but total was $543 to my door. I have had a few of these and they never fail to please.
Gwelo if you hadn’t messaged me about that FWB I’d have an IZH on the way or here already. I’ve seriously considered doing it anyway 🤣😂

I have a sickness…

Placed an order with Canadashootingsupply this afternoon. Looks like $619 delivered, so I guess I missed the sale.
It was a Christmas sale and it extended until the 4th or something. I waited too long myself but couldn't decide between two pistols, ended up not being such a bad thing since I picked up a Tau 7 today.

Reactions: Bandito