• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Air Bolty question

if its a carbon arrow DONT heat the tip,it will weaken the carbon.

if aluminum then heat em up.

also,they could be glued press in points,
in which case you would need to pull them and install threaded inserts.
They are carbon but you can heat the field tip because it threads into the insert, the insert is then glued into the shaft with hot glue.

the crown guard is just a sleeve that is kept in place by the field point screwing into the insert.

They are carbon but you can heat the field tip because it threads into the insert, the insert is then glued into the shaft with hot glue.

the crown guard is just a sleeve that is kept in place by the field point screwing into the insert.

but heating the field tip transfers heat to the insert which in turn transfers heat to the carbon.

a little heat is fine absolutely agree,
i use low temp hot melt for all my carbons,
but get it too hot and it will absolutely weaken the carbon.

@SenseiSmash Good to read that you solved that issue relatively fast. How were you trying to remove the tips initially? If all else fails I’ve found that shooting them loosens the tips. Which platform and caliber are your shooting them from: .357 Bulldo, .457 Texan, .50 Dragon Claw, or another platform?
I was attempting to remove the crown guard initially. First time with an airbolt so I thought that entire head unscrewed.
These bolts are for my 50 cal Sam Yang Dragon Claw but I will also be shooting them out of the Highly modified Wing Shot that Brian from Veridium Air is building for me.
The wing shot may have too much umpff so it will be a testing scenario for sure.