Air Venturi 4500psi compressor

Hey guys I have a air Venturi 4500psi compressor for filling up my bottles. I just pulled it out to top all my tanks off I have a shooting job in a few days. I turned the thing on and let it match the pressure in the tank and then turned the bottle on. With 15 seconds the compressor over heated and shut off. Oil level is perfect and the coolant is flowing like it should. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance guys. 

Mod edit:. Moved to Compressor forum

When you say overheated what exactly do you mean?? I have the same compressor. What did the digital temperature gauge say? I did a write up on the compressor a few years ago. Only thing I can say not really having any info is…

start the water cooling.

start the compressor and let it run unattached for a 2 or 3 minutes to warm it up and get the seals warm.

While doing this warm up, check the exact pressure of your tank with the gauge or using a deadhead plug if necessary.

Now connect your tank and close the pressure release knob on the compressor allowing the air hose to fill to the same pressure as the tank.

once the pressure is the same slowly open your tank valve.

let it fill to your desired pressure.

Only thing I can think of is your tank pressure is way higher than the compressor hose and it is back feeding and increasing the temperature very quickly inside the compressor causing it to overheat and shutoff.

Let me know what happens. I am interested in your results.

In all fairness the compressor is 4 years old at least. During those four years I would guess I only used it to fill a Great White about 15 times. I am the only one who has used the compressor so I would say it has had low hours of use. Changed the oil and the filter cartridge as suggested in the manual. Now the compressor will only pump air to less than 200 bar and will go no higher when connected to the Great White. However if I plug the fill whip the comppressor will got to 4500 PSI and shut itself off. I then watch the pressure gauge and I can see it gradually starts to lose air. Purchased commercial leak detector and wetted all the connections and no bubbles appeared. But it was still leaking somewhere. I discoverd it was leaking from the bottom of the fill cartridge tube. There is a round factory drilled hole in the bottom of the cartridge holder and the air is leaking out of there. I talked with CS at Venturi and they responded promptly and directed me to tighten the allen head screws on the bottom of the cartridge holder. I did! Didn't help on the next test.
I again reached out to Air Venturi and asked for additional guidance. All i got is I can send it infor service. I can't immagine what a freight bill would be to send it to Parkway Ohio. I did keep the original shipping cardboard but I guess I can sell it as is where is and start looking for a replacement.
I suggest it is unsatifactory to purchase the item and not be able to repair it at home. When you get it there are all kinds of extra parts supplied and to use those parts it would take some basic skills to install them. Then why can't thier be a repair procedure for my leaking issue? Even though it worked wonderfully until the fail one might think carefully if they are thinking of owning that compressor.