• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi 100 cu-In

If you have a pressure maintaining valve set for 2000 psi the pressure will rise to 2000 and then stop rising as the PMV allows flow into the empty 100 ci tank. It may remain at 2000 for some time (or it may drop some) until the 100 ci tank passes 2000, and then the compressor output pressure will rise. This could appear to be a stoppage. The real pressure in the 100 ci tank should be visible on the 100 ci tank gauge. Could this be happening?

I know when using my Yong Heng as soon as the tank got to about 1500 PSI the gauge on both the compressor and the tank stayed there for a few minutes. Then I heard the compressor change sound and the pressure started to rise again to the 4400 PSI I wanted in the tank. I too also filled my 74 CUFT bottle after that and pretty much the same thing happened.

If you have a pressure maintaining valve set for 2000 psi the pressure will rise to 2000 and then stop rising as the PMV allows flow into the empty 100 ci tank. It may remain at 2000 for some time (or it may drop some) until the 100 ci tank passes 2000, and then the compressor output pressure will rise. This could appear to be a stoppage. The real pressure in the 100 ci tank should be visible on the 100 ci tank gauge. Could this be happening?

It might be Alan. I’m going to try filling it again letting the compressor run longer. I’m hoping that once filled from 0 to 4200psi that topping it off from 3000psi shouldn’t take very long. Thanks. Uj

Topping off is much faster than initial filling. The gauge on the 100 ci tank shows the pressure in the line to the tank, so this will increase after the pressure maintaining valve opens. 

After filling when the tank is closed and the line is bled off this gauge will show zero. A deadhead can be used on the hose, then open the tank valve to read tank pressure on this gauge. There is no fulltime tank pressure gauge on this tank.

Got one of the 100 ci Venturi tanks. Arrived last week. Filled it with my new YH in three steps. Went to the range Saturday with my Texan SS .457. Got a total of eighteen shots before the air was down to about 2400. That was with mostly 300 grainers. Shot one 180 and one 350. Ordered the fittings to put a male on the tank and female on the hose so I can disconnect and carry it separately. Or, use a different hose if necessary.

I like the tank. Good size for a back pack and seems pretty solid.