• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Air tank manufactured date & expiration date question

If I understand correctly, the tank was manufactured on March 2013, and it is good for 15 years. Which means the tank expires on March 2028 correct?
I also saw a thread on here that said there is a new DOT regulation could push it to an additional 15 yrs since this is a Carbon fiber tank... That would be cool if 15 yrs is added, it would save me $ from buying a new one in a few years.
1675828514230.png

Reactions: PewPewTac
Warning, A carbon fiber tank that is bad will unrape a few carbon raps and go shhhhhhhhhhhh, You cant hear it, most soap spray bottles will not pick it up
A full bath tub will show the bubbles,,,, Its a built in safety on carbon tanks, NO BOOM. I just tossed my 2nd carbon fiber tank because of this, it was 28 years old and tossed off a second story building on cement,,, It was given to me and I passed it on to the dump.
Mike

Reactions: Peashooter
If I understand correctly, the tank was manufactured on March 2013, and it is good for 15 years. Which means the tank expires on March 2028 correct?
I also saw a thread on here that said there is a new DOT regulation could push it to an additional 15 yrs since this is a Carbon fiber tank... That would be cool if 15 yrs is added, it would save me $ from buying a new one in a few years.
View attachment 330530
That's a moot point if you have your own compressor and fill your own tanks.

Reactions: Mr303 and BC
own compressor
I am getting my own compressor, and i will have no qualms filling my old 200 BAR 12 L bottle, even if it is way past the " EOL " date.
CUZ you see in all those years, well the bottle have just been sitting idle collecting dust, actually it have only been filled 6 - 7 times in all the years since i got it brand new.
So i will not feel i am endangering my own health or my friends health as he have a similar tank of the same age,

That being said before i put it on my new compressor, i am going to take it apart and do a visual inspection of its inside, but as it have always been filled at a dive shop and been stored inside a nice warm apartment i have no doubt it will be clean and dry inside.

Bottles / pipes on a PCP air rifle, well i dont know what to say, my Cyclone are over 10 years old now, so a suppose it should have a new pressure vessel.
But as it also like my 200 BAR tank have just been sitting idle mostly since 2012, i am going to take my chance with it.

Here bottles have to be pressure tested every 5 years, and it cost 100 USD to have done ( minus shipping cost ) A < 1L bottle Pressure test only slightly cheaper than a 12 - 20 L bottle.