• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AIR SABER ARROW ISSUES..

What I am seeing with arrow slingers is we should be switching to aluminum shafts and using top quality adhesive to bond the insert to the shaft. The high pressure eventually blows the ends out or damages the carbon arrows. I had carbon bolts that literally banana peeled. This was with a hatsan Harpoon. There may be some info available for what size aluminum arrow shafts will slide over the air tube on the air saber (benjamin is 2215 and 2216 XX75 shafts and length is 26.5 inches if memory serves). Making arrows is fairly economical and easy with a jig and some basic blazer fletching. Inserts and tips are really cheap if you go with aluminum. The brass cost a little more if you are looking for more front of center weight (FOC).

My 2 cents and highly recommend everyone make aluminum arrows for the slingers themselves. The proprietary arrows are more costly than they should be in my opinion.

For the benjamin airbow people simply use a few wraps of painters tape or electrical tape on the end that slides over the air tube get the arrow to seat and "lock" into place. Results have been positive. 

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
soooo, today i picked up 2219 razor crossbow aluminum bolts , they are the perfect size and shoot amazing out of it , no more issues not bad money like 8 or 9 bucks each , i was shooting 40 yards and it will shoot into the same hole , was quite impressive . the big difference is these arrows are 370 grain then add a 100 gr tip they are 470 instead of 270gr-100gr=370 gr . they carry super well to. at 50 yards they burry all they way to the fletching lol was shooting a 3/4 inch group at 50 and shot out to 60 and still money . its funny i walked into my local bow shop West Houston archery and told the guy what i was looking for and he knew the exact thing without missing a beat . those guys over there are pretty awesome. i shot 1 arrow about 40 times to see how it would hold up and it was perfect no issues. the pieces crap actual arrows that come with it i was getting 0 to 4 shots b4 it blew out the insert they are garbage. sooo if anyone has the air saber buy EASTON RAZOR ALUMINUM CROSSBOW BOLTS 2219. they are perfect and shoot amazing pull out the bolt nock and slid them on . 

Nice info andygranger. What length are the bolts you picked up? I think we should make a list for what works in the popular arrow slingers.

Note you can go longer but not really shorter but beware the air tubes will flex and bend with more weight.

Hatsan is 2219 x 20 inches (aluminum)

Benjamin is 2215 or 2216 x 26.5 inches (aluminum)

Air saber 2219 x ???? inches (aluminum)

I think moving away from the proprietary arrows is a step in the right direction and make sure they are aluminum not carbon.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore