Air Rifle Shortage

Well, I posted on this a little while ago but I guess today it's a done deal.

After responding to a post about how I got into pcp's, I decided to look on Pyramydair, just to check out what they have. Here's what I put in the filter:

25 caliber

Price: $100 to $600

PCP power source

Ready for this? The search came back with 23 options, including the rifles on my shortlist to consider buying. Every single one is backordered. There's nothing in stock.

I got in air rifles when powder ammo was getting scarce - among other reasons.

What do I have to do now? Take up fishing?

my thoughts are get used to it .. its not just air rifles but 'everything' more or less .. imo, and its just an opinion, is it reflects massive inflation on the horizon .. raw materials are whats getting hit first ,, manufacturers of everything are looking at skyrocketing prices of building and raw materials and wondering how they can restructer to sell you something you can afford ... everybody expects it to get better lol .. doubt that .. maybe ... hope so ... get what you can while you can is my motto as of late ...

Raw materials, my son is building a deck. He bought a 2x6x20’ in Canada $48.00 +.13% tax. pressure treated. Imagine building a house. I built 5 yrs. ago my trim was $7500. +. Today same just over $20,000. +. Ouch. Forgot, major shortage of lumber up here.
dizzums I think your absolutely right. Hunker down.

I bought several HW’s, a FBW, a LGU, and an Air King Pro. All were last ones available in Canada except the Diana. It’s getting real scary..

WN0912 fishing not a bad idea. I’m getting my “Stella’s” out sooon.
A0CBC031-E371-42AF-A797-D5F7F72B8457.1617749737.jpeg
 Morning shot. Bass right off dock. Crow 

Raw materials, my son is building a deck. He bought a 2x6x20’ in Canada $48.00 +.13% tax. pressure treated. Imagine building a house. I built 5 yrs. ago my trim was $7500. +. Today same just over $20,000. +. Ouch. Forgot, major shortage of lumber up here.

I bought several HW’s, a FBW, a LGU, and an Air King Pro. All were last ones available in Canada except the Diana. It’s getting real scary..

Its just as bad, if not worse in the states. Just looked at 2x12x10 cedar and it was $55.50 a board. 2x4x8 studs are $7.99ea. 

Wow! Another guy that is passionate enough about fishing to use shimano stellas for equipment. Hope we can meet up some time 

right now, global supply chains are fouled. Graphics cards for computers are near impossible to find. Covid changed people's habits, so all the companies that adjusted down on production due to covid that misjudged public reaction are scrambling to catch up. Since it can take several months for something to get to the seller after manufacturing, we are seeing the tail end of problems from months ago. Hopefully the supply chains will adjust in the next 6 to 12 months, but my guess is that it'll take a while.

I gotta wonder how many airguns were on those ships in the Suez backed up for a week. Or, how many containers loaded with raw materials or parts for Europeans to manufacture something I use. If a chunk of aluminum used by a gun maker to machine a part isn't available, the whole gun isn't available. So, if I buy European guns, I could see a shortage in a couple months based on the Suez incedent. But that event will be short lived, unlike the Covid event that may take another year to work through

Wow! Another guy that is passionate enough about fishing to use shimano stellas for equipment. Hope we can meet up some time

Thanks for the picture Crowski! Brought back memories of chasing the long green fish up on the shield. Uj