• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air rifle scope

Decided to by the air arms 200 HC

Need a scope. I hear different opinions from different people.

1. Do I need a scope specifically for an air rifle? My buddy told me if I don't they will move when you're shooting them.

2. I do believe the air arms 200 has holes to accept pins from scopes or mounts is this correct?

3. If so, is it the actual scope or mounts that have the pins?

4. I forget offhoff what I have on my 22 but I do believe it's a Leupold with a parallax set at 50 yards which is specifically for squirrel shooting.

5. I'd like to buy one of these for the 200 hc. Will that work? If so what type of mounts should I buy?

Just want to make sure I don't make any mistakes before I make a purchase

Spring guns have a "double recoil". The 1st is from the piston going forward, the 2nd from the piston and spring returning. This will damage a scope unless it is "springer" rated. There are 1 piece mounts that work great for springers, and most mounts today (1 & 2 piece) have a stop pin that inserts into the top of the rifle, centered between the dovetails. For an airgun, you will want a scope with an adjustable parallax and inquire to whether it's springer rated.

Great choice for a rifle, enjoy it!

1589381012_7654205115ebc07947a57f7.22983094.JPG

This Barska has held up good (on my22 cal. Springer) for 4 years now>> https://www.barska.com/3-12x40-ao-airgun-rifle-scope-30-30-by-barska.html

And shoots good....... 20 shots at 15 yards

I checked my 22 and I have a VX freedom 2 x 7 - 33.

it works perfect for squirrels and that's what I like to put on a air gun. Anyway I can find out if that will work on a Springer?

I called Leupold and asked them about putting one on a magnum springer and was told that all Leupolds are air gun rated. However it will only take a few minutes to make the call yourself and then you can her it for yourself. Not to side track you here but the scope you are referring to is a non AO isn't it. JMO but the factory parallax on those is using set at 60 yards which is a little far for an air gun especially if you want to shoot indoors this winter. No problem resetting the parallax for indoor shooting but you may want to consider the the 3X9 with AO.

Again I'm far from an expert.

I believe the two reasons I bought it were price and The parallax was set for 60 yards as you mentioned.

Most of their other Scopes are set for a hundred and fifty. This was recommended asaas perfect rimfire scope for a 22 and squirrels.

I've never had an issue with it shooting close up, which is about 30 yards for most of my squirrel shooting. I think I only paid about $125 for it and it's a great squirrels.

It looks like most of those with ao are quite a bit more expensive and I'm not sure that's what I need for squirrels.

Okay guys this is getting out of hand, my fault.

Air Arms 200 HC, $600

Scope, $200

Mount, $75

$925 with tax

Do I need the world's best Springer, no. Do I need to shoot fleas off a squirrel, no just hit him in the head. I just need something about as accurate as my Ruger 10/22.

After all if the gun is that accurate, I'm not especially out in the field leaning against a tree. So I think I need to step down a little on the gun, but still want an under lever. Any recommendations for something that will do the job intin the $300--$400 range?