• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Air rifle metalic Silhouette rifles?

I use my Daystate Huntsman .22 for silhouette, a well balanced rifle for offhand shooting with a crisp two stage trigger, scope is a Simmons 6-18 ProAir in Sportsmatch mounts and I use JSB 15.9gr pellets but if it gets a bit windy will sight in with the heavier 18.1gr JSB's. On the odd occasion I also use my Royale 400 .177, Bara Match 10.64gr pellets, with a Nightforce BR 8-32 scope that sees use on my Royale 500 as well because I like the NP2DD reticule and when I get the chance to practice my scores are similar with both rifles. With the price of reloading components for centrefire cartridges here in Australia becoming very expensive, air rifle silhouette is definitely a cheaper and enjoyable alternative.

Any gun that is comfortable and can hit the animals is good. The very best silhouette rifle of any kind that I had was an Anchutz 2002 pcp. I have used many different rifles for sporter class including HW 77, R-10, RWS 45, TX 200. Current sporter is AA ProSport. Target class has been Gamo 126, Walther LG, and now an Anchutz 8002. Open class is an AA ProTarget now. Almost always used Leupold scopes but early on I used Bushnells, Marksman, and Burris scopes.
All worked.

It sounds like you guys have some pretty fancy rigs.

I only have a Walther LGV with a Hawke Varmint Side Focus 6 - 24 x44 and a AA S200 with a MTC Viper scope 10x44, regulator is on it's way.Oh it's a Huma external regulator, 110 - 170 bar. I would love to get my hands on an Anschutz 8002 or some nice target rifle. The guns I have are fine for plinking and smacking a bunny in the back Yard, but target shooting, I'm not sure. The accuracy is not what it always should be. If I can save 4 grand I will buy a Steyr LG 110 with a nice Leupold scope. or an Anschutz

Biagio