Air rifle from China's imitation manufacturing

+1 Leland. 

I have a friend who is married to a Chinese national who came to American for work and is eventually getting citizenship via the marriage (whole other thread). Anyway, he told me that she told him that Chinese businessmen pride themselves on working around the terms of any contract to their advantage. If it is not written, and there are no consequences, they just look at that as "oneupmanship", and you loose. 

Sending good prototypes and then making a lot of junk is the most common one. Money spent. Sucker.

I have no doubt that Chinese manufacturing can be very good. However, most of their industry is built on and supported by government endorsed patent infringement. They know they can't get hurt, so why bother honoring patents and copyrights? That's a Western thing, not Chinese. 

I try to take my money elsewhere, but for cheap consumer goods, it is nearly impossible to avoid. Just ask billionaire Jeff Bezos. 

Would I buy a Chinese made (read SPA, Artemis, etc. branded) air rifle? Maybe. If I can get comparable quality and price elsewhere, I would go that route. 

People are so stupid....and yes STUPID to stuff made in china. First off where do you think the monitor, mouse and keyboard these keyboard warriors comes from.....the good ole USA, not hardly, Japan, nope, Taiwan...not any more....china. I am typing this on an IBM Model M keyboard from 1996 and it was made in china and nothing is replaced on it.

China will build anything you want to any "quality" you want to pay for. There is a big difference between paying for a name and buying better quality.

Now I am one that still will buy a movie, I buy music I like, and with a company like airforce I bought their product because I want to support them.....just like I buy my guitars at a small mom and pop music shop.....I will support those that give a good product I like and good service. If the chinese product is better.....really BETTER then yes I will buy it.

But I look at it a little like selling a car that gets 17mpg for one that gets 25mpg and puts me in debt for 5 years at a $500 per month car payment....does the cost of just the gas justify it.....to coin a phrase....you be the judge.

People are so stupid....and yes STUPID to stuff made in china.

I agree with you... especially the ones that have never dealt directly with Chinese manufacturers, don't speak Mandarin or know anything about Chinese culture. The most ignorant ones think they know it all just because they purchased some big name products that were manufactured in China under strict oversight by a company who doesn't pay for products that don't meet their standards.

I've heard that the bottles on these imitation things explode.

Nothing beats "MADE IN THE USA". Airforce.

No they don't. Show me any credible example of a carbon fiber bottle exploding.

He didn't say anything about carbon fiber. Here's likely the one he is referring to

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/yellow/pcp-accident-from-face-book-t225253.html

Thanks mate, That explains what I meant to say. 

Anyways..... Nothing still beats Made in USA. 

Years ago I was into tinkering with high performance diesel cars. I remember one guy from Finland on TDIclub forums told his unfortunate story. He put a lot of time and money into developing high strength connecting rods to upgrade for guys who wanted to run high rpm and higher psi turbos.

Well, he sent his design files and specs to be manufactured in China. After he received his first batch and put them to market, somehow other IDENTICAL connecting rods came into market for a much lower price than he was selling for...basically the factory just ripped off his product and began selling it. 

Many products seem to represent a great value, on the other hand I've found that steel they send here SUCKS. I have clam rakes, and various commercial fishing equipment that's fifty plus years old. They get surface rust and just seem to sit in that state. When they started using Chinese steel I don't get 3 years out of them, side plates on a clam rake starting out at 3/32 X 1 1/4 inch totally rust out. Quality is no way near equal, which gives me reservations about air tubes and other metal components.

Many products seem to represent a great value, on the other hand I've found that steel they send here SUCKS. I have clam rakes, and various commercial fishing equipment that's fifty plus years old. They get surface rust and just seem to sit in that state. When they started using Chinese steel I don't get 3 years out of them, side plates on a clam rake starting out at 3/32 X 1 1/4 inch totally rust out. Quality is no way near equal, which gives me reservations about air tubes and other metal components.

That's just the alloy the parts are made from. China has any alloy you want to buy. All specs must be in the contract.