Air rifle cat/dog deterrent question

I've seen dogs chew through doors and fences, pop latches, and turn doorknobs with their mouth. When you catch them in the act, their body language is pretty straightforward, belly to the ground and crawl away or run to their property and stand at the edge barking...

The owner said, "not my dog," or I'll pay any damages... I can't pen or chain him... a dog should be free."

Law enforcement will tell you to destroy it as a nuisance animal.

People that have chickens usually have chickens because they don’t want pen raised chickens from a chicken “factory”. Pet owners and especially cat owners need to take responsibility for their pets. Cats kill more song birds than literally everything else that kills them.

I keep my cats in the house. Would not blame anyone for killing my pet after he killed their free ranging chickens.

And keep in mind in some states it’s perfectly legal to kill pets that chase the deer.

Hi, I am looking for an air rifle that is extremely accurate but not very strong. I live on a farm and we have had several cats and dogs come on our property and kill our chickens and rabbits. I am hoping to find a really accurate rifle that I can hit them from about 40 yards out without killing them. I saw a guy that said the vintage crosman 760 pumpmasters are the way to go as they were made much better than the current ones. I know I may have to lurk on eBay for a while or pay top dollar but that's fine. I was going to get a $250 gamo but I learned that would likely kill a cat which I would prefer to not do. I will have this rifle for a long time so I don't mind going all out trying to find the best for the job. I know being accurate at that distance without being too powerful may be tough but thought I'd check with you guys. Thanks!!

Lol a tad inhumane to have intent to shoot them but not kill 😂.

I’d suggest investing into trapping equipment (cages etc) and bait them with cat/dog foods. And relocating them awhile away so they won’t be a pain in the ass for you, only because you mentioned not killing them

Relocating them means delivering your problem onto someone else's property. In many states that is illegal.

How about instead of a rifle, you take the cash and build a secure area for your animals ? Then you wouldn't have to waste time stalking critters and peoples pets. Maybe find out who owns the dogs/ cats and pay them a cordial visit to explain your situation to see if they can help.

So you have never actually lived in the country or raised animals in a rural area. You don't suppose someone who has hasn't already tried those solutions?

Just take them out. Around our parts sheriff just says shoot them. Cats arent a issue here help with the rat population. We've had issue with dogs in the past. We had a pack of 5 dogs last year take down 4 cows of our neighbors. Yeah they didn't last long between the neighbors and sheriff. We know our neighbors dogs though. They keep to there places. It's the strays people drop off. Would be surprised how many people drop off dogs in the country.

Just take them out. Around our parts sheriff just says shoot them. Cats arent a issue here help with the rat population. We've had issue with dogs in the past. We had a pack of 5 dogs last year take down 4 cows of our neighbors. Yeah they didn't last long between the neighbors and sheriff. We know our neighbors dogs though. They keep to there places. It's the strays people drop off. Would be surprised how many people drop off dogs in the country.

Don’t get me started. Happens way too often. My daughter got attacked by a scared stray that someone in town just dumped on a gravel road. People are the worst sometimes.

Just get a Daisy pump action from Wally-world and do some testing. 2 or 3 pumps will get your distance needs, provide reasonable accuracy, and doesn't do anything more than a leave a mark. (10 year old me knows it only stings and leaves a dime sized bruise) Even 1 pump gets some good distance. Do a bit of testing with it before you go for the intruders. And you can always go up to 10 pumps to take out any pests around.