• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Rifle Benchrest USARB scoring templates

I contacted Ronald Silviera at the USARB about scoring templates. I am running matches at our local club and they have this scoring template to use for scoring and plugging targets. It works great, I wanted to buy one for my personal use at home. My thoughts are, and this may be the same with some of you, practice the way you intend to compete. So I shoot timed matches at home at 25 meters on regulation targets, and I score them with the regulation plug, and I had liked to use a template that I could purchase from USARB. They only got a small amount of templates, and they distributed them to the clubs that were holding matches. The USARB has no desire to sell templates to shooters. Ron suggested that I make my own, he could give me dimensions. I had the existing template from the club that I run matches, so I made a few copies. They work great. I also made them to fit a 100 yards IBS score target if a fella was so inclined that he needed that.

Paul Bike
[email protected]1592803547_755229865ef040dc006704.73427594.jpg1592803549_8147799645ef040dd0849a1.51510539.jpg

good shooting Joe

we made our scoring templates from 3/4" plywood to allow the plug have space underneath

note the holes on the left for plug storage and upper right cork and stick pin to hold target in place rather then a clamp:

we also made a cpl for the 50yd targets which are different dimensions

1593011998_7012850245ef36f1ebf4ea0.97748390.JPG

So, I really need to talk to somebody here about an ad if I want to sell these, and I haven't even looked into shipping this size yet. The USARB requires 25 holes where the ibs Score 100 only requires 5, so I guess i would ask $22 for the IBS type, and $25 for the USARB type, I had taken a few to the recent match, but hadn't really pushed the idea of selling them. My idea had been that if I practice the way I compete then I can score and check my practice just like if I were at a match.