Air Rifle Beats 22 rimfire

And here’s is the man that paved the path, that has now created fear within the RF society, lol-

068576B1-E66E-4597-AF6D-BB1AA9A8283C.1632262613.jpeg
694C69F3-C320-456E-B447-E7A2D6E25038.1632262614.jpeg

congratulations, Mike!!! 

Mike is Through ..... turns over stones others walk past, does his due diligence in finding out by his own R&D what works and what does not.

Mike EARNED this with mass amounts of research work ( R&D ) by not only himself but those supporting his vision that most, if not all of us have no idea about how deep that goes !!!

Kudos to Mr Mike Nitsch .... well played indeed !!!

Scott S

Looking at the picture, the air tube is quite short, but since it's tethered I wonder if it acts more like a large plenum instead? Very interesting.

Short or long, varying pressure always induces change in harmonics to say the least. 
Mike knows this. As does the other high quality boutique airgun makers like Bowman & Noble. 
Use to be Airguns were not allowed to be shot on any competition while tethered but; that's a direct disadvantage especially if going up against a rim fire.

A good comparison would be a rim or center fire hitting dead on with a cold bore but an obvious change when barrel is hot. Same thing applies to an airgun but the change is seen with a 3000psi fill down to 2000psi.
Honestly there can be a huge change in how they perform with as little a difference as say a tethered consistent 2200psi to 2150psi or a specific sweet fill pressure somewhere within that 50psi spread. Can make a big difference so I'm glad to see tethering allowed now.

A lot depends on the platform also. Barrel thickness and length, how solidly attached to breach, how heavy/light/consistent the slug & power level. 

Obviously Mike has removed more variables than anyone else in that competition, and that makes him & his platform the winner in this case.

I only point it out to help others understand how/why airguns are not a "toy" or inferior to powder when it comes to precision targets.

Man are guys upset on another forum that I am on. Of course it is a powder forum, and the .22 guys are pissed. Unfair this and unfair that. Shooting an airgun with all that stuff, the rest, the trigger, blah blah blah. Trying to explain the airgun to these guys and they are just not having any of it..

Oh well :D

"Those Folks" are the ones who agreed to play the N50 game with it being all about this challenge ... So go cry Boo friggen who !!!

Love it !!! dawning of a new age if you ask me.

Having shot alongside Mike on several occasions in the FT game, what these RF guys likely don't realize is that Mikes been down this electro trigger WIN only to get deemed illegal once before ( It may or may not happen again here ? ) .... With that happening going back to a mechanical trigger in future matches & still whooped there butts regularly. 

The mans got the skill and the gear able to play his best game within the rules ... All was legal, Mike Won & there Done !!!

Reactions: CampFussell
Thanks everyone. :)

Benchrest is often misunderstood. If you get bit by the bug, it can bite hard. I may try to start a thread with some more details about the gun.

Down below is a pic from 2014 or 2015. This was right around the time that electronics were outlawed in 25m benchrest. A short time later, the same gun with a mechanical trigger was breaking the records that the electronic had previously set. It made no difference to the accuracy or to the ability to fire it precisely.

It’s nice to not need to cock the gun. It’s nice to have no hammer bounce without a super stiff spring or an additional device that can add inconsistencies. It’s nice to be able to clean the whole strike system without taking the action out of the stock. It’s nice to know the gun can’t possible fire if the box isn’t connected to it. I like that I can visually see my strike voltage and have better confirmation of settings. All nice things…but they don’t make the gun more accurate. I have shot just as high of scores with the mechanical trigger on board….but I like the electronic.

This was the gun that got a lot of people stirred up over nothing way back then.

Below that is the currently used firing “box”. On/off switch, capacitor voltage meter, and toggle switch. Toggle back….charge. Toggle forward…bang. Adjustable voltage on side.

Mike 

358AF4A3-2E32-4B72-98DF-290F50FA828C.1632368978.jpeg

F24141F6-4F0C-4932-930B-DACEC218C6D6.1632369508.jpeg