• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Rifes and Small Game

That's the way I read it as well, now get sighted in and hit the woods! Either .177 or .22 will do the job on squirrel or rabbit if shots are well placed. Practice a lot at different distances, know your rifle and resist the temptation to take shots you're not confident about.
If you've never prepared game for the table it's a good idea to have someone with experience show you how. If there isn't anyone like that around, Youtube is your friend. I refined my rabbit skinning and learned how to process quail that way.
Good hunting!
John

I believe what's posted above to be out of date (2010). And, I'd question any F&G law seven years old. Personally, I'd call the F&G or look for an on-line update.

Let me add....

On other pages of the Georgia code, it does talk about youth hunting, and the term AIR RIFLE appears, and with no restriction as to caliber. And, if you read the code correctly, the .22 caliber or smaller rimfire, (note the comma), air rifles... 

I sure as heck call the local office after rereading the material.