Air pumps and compressors

Hand pumps cost you $150-280. I have used Benjamin hand pump $170 to hills mk4 $280. They all work great but you will get tired. Also they are very slow. Get a compressor. It fills a gun in under a min. No effort at all. I suggest the Yong Heng. It's a small and fast compressor for under $260. Look on eBay. There are many, but check the ones that says Yong Heng. There are many clones or look alike. They all work, just the Yong Heng is the better one.

Jc, read the treads on compressors. Lots of choices. You can get a Yong Heng auto shut off for $268 shipped. Swing over to eBay and pick up a used Scott 30 or 45 min 4500 psi tank with a few years life. 15 is the magic number for life of tank . Check eBay for fill whip also. Approx cost for air setup

1. Yong Heng $268, used tank (45 or 66 ft.) $150, fill whip $50, gold rod filter $85. For a tad over $550 your air problem is solved. Start buying pellets by the sleeve.

I have the Yong Heng plus the big gold filter. it works great and fills up my Huben K1 from 150 bars to 300 bars in less than 2 minutes. The construction is relatively simple and cheap parts are readily available so I can service it by myself. However, there are a few things that I don't like. It's very noisy, the oil need be changed regularly and I need to find ways to dump the used oil. Setting up the water cooling is OK for me as I use it next to the tap but most people have to get a bucket , fill it up with ice and etc, can be troublesome.

You may consider the alternative of 12V DC compressors, the cheapest ( basically a Hatsan Spark with no logo ) costs around US$250 with the AC-to-12V power supply included, they are quieter, there is no need for changing oil and water cooling although they are slower. I am planning to get one when my Yong Heng breaks down.

Skip the Hill and FX hand pumps, not a bit better than all the sub-$100 units. I own a taousa but hear the $65ish hatsan hand pum[p is just fine & dandy.

"Gold filter"

all you air needs to be DRY, wouldnt want internal rust. Now on all the super low cost compressors out recently you will possably ( ya right ) have blow by oil & vapor which could be much worse than moisture for your health. So do add $ for filtering if going that route.

If " not shooting too much" , as a vague rule most airguns use 1-3 hand pump strokes per shot, might not be too bad at all depending.

Should you already have a shop compressor a "booster" is a great way to go, I'm using an altors but had the shoebox booster not cost so much more at the time would have considered that unit as well.

Also ( again esp. if not shooting TOO much) for over a decade everyone got by with standard scuba tanks costing in the $100 range. Have scuba near you? A 3,450psi Faber 100cf was may last tank and actually a lot of air.

John