• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Pistols advice!!!

Could some help me with the decision to buy an air pistol, please?
I'm looking for an air pistol with a magazine in .177cal.
My goal is use for target practice, and close range hunt :5-25yards.
Could u recommend me any?
I would love to get a FX Ranchero, but it too high for me.
I was going to pick the Benjamin, but it dont have magazine in .177cal.
I saw Brocock Grand Prix Eilte with 6 shots, I dont know it good or not.
Thanks
Vu

This Benjamin has an 8 round magazine
http://www.airgundepot.com/benjamin-marauder-pcp-air-pistol-177.html

I don't have one, but those with the Marauder Pistols claim accurate and reliable.

I have the Crosman 1701P. Fantastically accurate, but a bit front heavy for much target work. Also, only about 500FPS so too slow for hunting. The Marauder Pistol is a much better choice.

I have the PP700S-A, it has everything you want but is a single shot. I was recently on the same 'hunt' as you and this is what I ended up with. Got it from Krale and had it at my door in 3 days for a few bucks less than the mrod branded one that's not in stock (It's the same thing.)

Got an mrod CP-1M also. Gave it to my buddy b/c he's been down in the dumps lately and I was hoping to cheer him up. It gets great reviews, but is a CO2 multi shot. The wrist angle is quite weird too.

Really there is nothing in the sub $800 class that'll meet your goals. The S-A comes close. The Ataman AP16 looks like it would meet your goals, but is almost $1k. I'm assuming this is out of range.

Be forewarned though, you are buying a cheap chinese pistol and it needs some love before it'll live up to it's potential. Either send it out to an airgun smith or learn to do yourself. I've done a lot of tuning on my AA S510 and this time I sent it off to Rocker1 (GTA). Oh, and it's flinging a CPHP at 750fps

This is from about 14/15 yards
20170731_171204_1501536946976_resizedLarge.jpg

@Bizill: Thank you for your help, I will stick with PCP since I have air :)

@tutuan: I saw that one. I will get it if I have no more options...just get so spoil with the magazine :)

@Gshadow177: that pistol looks pretty cool though. Thanks 

@MonsterMaxx: For that group at 15yards, I'm happy. Wishing it have a magazine. 

The Brocock cost $499 since it is on sale in AoA. I tried to find the review on the Brocock Grand Prix Eilte .177cal, but seem no one like .177 compared to .22cal. I really like the Benjamin, but it just available in .22cal. 

Thanks all all for helping.....
Vu 

Vu,
I have a Falcon pistol and it shoots up to 50 yards accurately. Although it tooks a few shots my friend was able to hit a stationary clay target out to 100 yards. AOA has 2 for sale in the used section. Not sure of the caliber, but I love these guns. It is no longer being made but it is a simple design and can be serviced by several tuners. I had my service by AZ. If you look at my history posts, I have groups that I shot.

@tutuan: I have a lot of .177cal pellets, and I like to be quiet for the back yard. I can shot sparrow and chipmunk from my window to the tree like 10-15 yards. If I want more power, I can use my Streamline .25cal. I may pick up the Brocock Elite since it can hold more air and have the wood stock. I love the laminate, but it doesn't available on the Elite. 

So here it comes...the Brocock Grand Prix Elite in 0.177cal.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2003613436535013/permalink/2010392952523728/?comment_id=2010395465856810¬if_t=group_comment_follow¬if_id=1502828414259682

I thought it is going to be quiet for 0.177cal, but it is NOT. Luckily, I have a huggett to use for it. After I put the huggett on, it like night and day. 
I put the red/ green dot on and zero at 15yards, I shoot and do the chronograph as the same time to see how many shoot per fill.
It can take 6 magazines/ 36 shots from 200bar down to 140bar with JSB Exact Heavy 0,670g/ 10,34gr/ 4.5mm. 
So 673fps for that pellet, and it can be 10.4ft'lbs.
If I shoot the squirrel or rabbit at 15yards on the head, will it be a clean kill?
Thanks 

VU