Air pistol question, pellets, more power.

Hello,
I have a crossman p1322 22cal air pistol.
Unfortunately it doesn't have the power i need.
Im using crosman premier hollow point 14.3 gr. Pellets and they do not penetrate well.
Can someone recommend a better pellet for this gun ?
Also i want to know if there is a more powerful pellet pistol than mine other than co2 type.
Thank you.

CAM00481.jpg

There is a guy that is on Ebay , Cant think of the name sells bigger port , a suped up piston, sells bigger pump handles and some cool looking hand handles. If I think of the site I will pose it,
Found him, http://www.alchemyairwerks.com/

Mike
Yes thank you, he has a lot of stuff. Not sure what the components would cost all together. Maybe i would do better looking at a new more powerful gun.

Reactions: UCChris
All i know is that the package says 460 fpm.
I also use 10 pumps. Im seeing my pellets bounce off small varmints at close range.
How did you get 620 fps from your gun or is that the normal stock output ?
Many "cheap" (not necessarily low quality) airguns are advertised on the packaging by the velocities they produce with the lightest commercially available pellets. I mentioned mine is a 1377 (0.177 cal) getting 620 fps with 10 pumps and a 7.0gr lead pellet. With the H&N FTT greens (5.71gr) I get 680 fps (5.9 fpe). I don't recall if there was an advertised MV on the 1377 packaging.

With all that said, assuming the 1377 and 1322 are the same piston diameter and stroke length then the power output for the same number of pumps should be similar for both calibers. Assuming the preceeding is an accurate assumption, with light alloy 0.22 pellets (the lightest I have are the GTO Predator lead-free at 11.75 gr..), 6.0 fpe would be derived from a MV of 480 fps. So the 460 fps figure on the package is reflective of a light alloy pellet with the max 10 pumps, the standard advertising practice...

Many "cheap" (not necessarily low quality) airguns are advertised on the packaging by the velocities they produce with the lightest commercially available pellets. I mentioned mine is a 1377 (0.177 cal) getting 620 fps with 10 pumps and a 7.0gr lead pellet. With the H&N FTT greens (5.71gr) I get 680 fps (5.9 fpe). I don't recall if there was an advertised MV on the 1377 packaging.

With all that said, assuming the 1377 and 1322 are the same piston diameter and stroke length then the power output for the same number of pumps should be similar for both calibers. Assuming the preceeding is an accurate assumption, with light alloy 0.22 pellets (the lightest I have are the GTO Predator lead-free at 11.75 gr..), 6.0 fpe would be derived from a MV of 480 fps. So the 460 fps figure on the package is reflective of a light alloy pellet with the max 10 pumps, the standard advertising practice...
I see, lighter pellet = more speed.
Would there be better penetration with the lighter faster pellet ?

All i know is that the package says 460 fpm.
I also use 10 pumps. Im seeing my pellets bounce off small varmints at close range.
How did you get 620 fps from your gun or is that the normal stock output ?
Is your gun a model from Canada? They are restricted there to under 500fps

Reactions: DaveRiver
Sounds like a California / Canada version. You are not getting anything good in Cali.
Ohhh boy that was a funny one comparing California to Canada. You must be the comedian of your family😒

The fact of the matter is California and Canada having the same airgun restricitions is FALSE information. There are no airgun restrictions in California. Sounds like you don’t know enough about a crosman 1322 to know that 460 fps has nothing to do with state/ country regs limiting the power but the actual platform itself being limited to that power unless modified. So turn off that spigot of misinformation

“You are not getting anything good in California” another nonsensical statement. I suppose you’ve never heard of @Motorhead or any of the other airgunners that live in California and shoot “good” airguns

Might try JSB Hades pellets for another hollow point, or you could to a pcp pistol like the Weihrauch-HW44, you will just need to add a pump to fill it
View attachment 314256
I agree. Pcp pistols are a breeze to fill with a cheap hand pump. If he wants more power it's the easiest way to get it in my opinion. (not that my opinion is worth much}

Reactions: rsfrid
I see, lighter pellet = more speed.
Would there be better penetration with the lighter faster pellet ?
In general I don't think so. I don't hunt but from most of the info I've read here and seen on Youtube mid-heavy range weight pellets seem to be the best performers on critters. Also the alloy pellets are much harder metal than lead so there'd be less deformation and more likely to pass through without max energy dump..

There are a ton of mods out there for the 1322 but they will be hard pressed at max power (as in a LOT of modifications) to make enough power to penetrate a furry critter like a possum or raccoon. Maybe a vitals shot on a squirrel at 15 yards. The Marauder Pistol can shoot 700 ft/sec out of the box with no mods and will play heck with a possum at 25 yards. Squirrels aren’t safe at 50 if you do your part. The major downside is their cost AND the needed essentials for air supply. Could get a tank or a compressor or simply a hand pump. A PCP handpump works great as they (Marauder Pistol aka PROD) don’t have a big reservoir. There has been some buzz about the Hatsan Jet2. A little less money, but I can’t speak for the Hatsan quality as I don’t own anything Hatsan and probably won’t because of what I’ve heard about their customer service. If you’re willing to spend a little bit on the 1322, a steel breech and transfer port upgrade would gain you some velocity but I doubt you would top 575-600 ft/sec. Crosman would have the steel breech and the transfer port mod can be as simple as ice maker tubing. Might find some good info by googling 1322 mods. Good luck!