Air pistol addict

Osprey

May 15, 2022
X
Hello-

My name is immaterial, but I am an air pistol addict. If it is a pistol and it shoots a pellet via compressed air I want it. When I first got into the sport air pistols cost less than powder burners. Now, not so much. In fact, I have many air pistols that cost more than most powder burners. Who knew?

My question, for fellow forum members- is there a cure? Or, am I doomed?

I love the new site, by the way!

Suffice to say you're not the only air pistol addict loitering 'round here!

AAP new cover small.jpg

Hello-

My name is immaterial, but I am an air pistol addict. If it is a pistol and it shoots a pellet via compressed air I want it. When I first got into the sport air pistols cost less than powder burners. Now, not so much. In fact, I have many air pistols that cost more than most powder burners. Who knew?

Hi immaterial, I’m Tex. When you find the cure let me know, but until then, my best advice is to shoot what ya got if you find yourself browsing the web for the next thing to buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osprey
If there is a cure please let me know. I started a couple of years ago with some old S&W model 78 pistols, then ended up building up a bunch of the Crosman 22xx types for my grandson and myself. Somewhere along the way I got a HW 45 and 75, and a IZH 46m. Currently I am on a Daisy 747/777 kick and although the build quality is not that of say the HW guns, they are easy to work on, easy to cock, and fairly quiet. I can rebuild(reseal) one in about 20 minutes, sad thing is that parts are drying up.

Hello-

No cure. I am a pistol addict of powder burning guns, and am becoming the same of air pistols too. In fact, I have bought more air pistols over the past two years, than I have powder burning ones!

There is a cure, but your life isn’t worth living afterwards so definitely just dig in deeper and deeper.
I’m totally addicted to air pistols, they can be every bit as accurate as a rifle, just not as forgiving to shoot. Here’s my favorite pistols.
The long one is a Steyr LPS that AZ customized.
He joined the two air tubes and put on a super quiet shroud and it is incredibly accurate and absolutely quiet.
The other is a HW44 in .177 and both are accurate enough to use a rifle scope on!
I know, it’s silly. But it’s so much fun, you snuggle the pistol in bags on your bench and use it like a mini sniper rifle!
You can shoot flys at 20 yards easily with either pistol!
Oops, two sets of pictures 😵
4D621EAB-ECDE-4714-A6D5-DE639A5585E7.jpeg
AF679770-0DDA-4A5C-AE2C-5A048E8999AB.jpeg
4D621EAB-ECDE-4714-A6D5-DE639A5585E7.jpeg

AF679770-0DDA-4A5C-AE2C-5A048E8999AB.jpeg

Airguning can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be. I’ve gone down the path of expensive with a Red Wolf and FWB P8X. Darn nice airguns though.
Agreed; the Feinwerkbau P 8 X has one of the best triggers in the air pistol world. Truly sublime! It also happens to be one of the most affordable 10 meter pistols on the market. I really enjoy shooting mine.