• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airforce Air Ops Chassis

Has anyone heard of the Air Ops AR Chassis for airforce guns? It looks like an amazing product, that let's you mount a buffer tube and standard AR stock. But the only shred of evidence they exist is 2 videos on a YouTube channel and an email that doesn't answer. I've seen the name David Dowdy somewhere, but can't find the guy. I am absolutely salivating over this thing, any knowledge of, or anyone selling this part, I'd love to hear. I just don't know where to look anymore and I'm too dumb to give up.

Reactions: BluegrassBill2020
I made a dozen of these while back. Sold them all except for one I kept for a personal build. May do it again at some point but too many irons the fire right now.

20210326_122232.jpg

20210326_122303.jpg

20210326_122248.jpg

20210326_122314.jpg

20210727_120439.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!! I can't believe you found me here!!! I been looking EVERYWHERE. First, let me just say that it's an incredible idea, nobody likes spending 1300 on a rifle and getting stuck with a cheap clamp and bracket with foam glued on it for a stock. I dont know where you gauged interest, but I'm very sure in the right place you'd find a lot of it. Second, I'm desperate for one. It's too late. I've already seen it and now every alternative looks like crap to me. I don't know what it would take or when, to get you to do another batch, but I am currently at the "name your price" level of needing one of these. Not kidding. I hear what you're saying and I can respect that, but I've got my fingers crossed anyway. Let me know if i can somehow persuade you. Thanks bud!

I'll give it some thought, but I really would like to keep the last one.

Also, something to keep in mind is the newer Frames that have the plastic trigger guard mount an inch forward Compared to the older frames, which is what the Is current AR adapter is designed around.

It may Still fit the newer frames, but then again it may not. Depends on
Whether there's still a threaded hole where the old metal trigger guard used to mount at the front end that doesn't intrude on the trigger group.

I remember the last one that I sold, the guy had The newer frame and had some trouble In that regard.
I offered to buy the adapter back from him if it wasn't going to fit the new frame, but I never heard back from him so I guess he figured something out.

That's definitely something to consider. I have one of the metal plates that are obsolete with the plastic trigger guard, I'm unsure if those put all the holes in the old spots. If you decide to sell I'd still be interested, but if I were you I'd want to keep it too. If you do a new batch, keep the newer models in mind too! Either way if you ever have one for sale I hope you contact me first!

I'll give it some thought, but I really would like to keep the last one.

Also, something to keep in mind is the newer Frames that have the plastic trigger guard mount an inch forward Compared to the older frames, which is what the Is current AR adapter is designed around.

It may Still fit the newer frames, but then again it may not. Depends on
Whether there's still a threaded hole where the old metal trigger guard used to mount at the front end that doesn't intrude on the trigger group.

I remember the last one that I sold, the guy had The newer frame and had some trouble In that regard.
I offered to buy the adapter back from him if it wasn't going to fit the new frame, but I never heard back from him so I guess he figured something out.
Hey Dave, Loopster has one he's willing to part with but we don't know how to price it. Can you share your sell price? Thanks bud, I'm super happy to be getting my hands on one!

Reactions: Animalcub7907
I think they were $150 shipped.

Notice the trigger is Close to the the back wall.
Depending on the gun some needed a 1.5 mm spacer between the Plastic trigger shoe and the trigger to move it forward a bit, for the trigger to reset Proper.

If you have one of the newer frames Is when mounted you may have a 1" gap in the front, like the one in the pic mounted on the Texan.

Thank you for that! That's an awesome build. in one of your videos you mention a roll pin. Which pin did you replace and how long is the replacement? I just installed one of the rmp style bearing triggers, it's much thinner. hopefully it will clear, because there's no room to move the shoe forward like on the stock trigger. I'm getting excited now, sometimes the tinkering is as much fun as the shooting!

Reactions: jmohme
I made a dozen of these while back. Sold them all except for one I kept for a personal build. May do it again at some point but too many irons the fire right now.

View attachment 387119

View attachment 387120

View attachment 387123

View attachment 387124

View attachment 387125
hey Dave, I've received all my parts but I'm on the road so i can't inspect them at the moment. So I wanted to ask, are these meant to be used with, or to replace the metal plate that covers the trigger group?

Sorry for the late reply.
I had a serious accident. Layed up at the hospital for a couple weeks.
The plate stays in. Chassis goes over the top.
Sure hope you're ok now. I got it on and it's amazing. I'll be ready to share some pics with you and looper soon, I'm just waiting on a couple finishing touches to show up on the porch.

I had one but sold it as fast as it came in the gun I purchased.. if this chassis is made longer with the addiction of attachment points for the bottle and the front hand guard..I would gladly pay $400+ for it .. because this design would really stiff the airforce gun completely... and me personally would prefer this chassis over a mad dog one I like the look of all metal better...

I had one but sold it as fast as it came in the gun I purchased.. if this chassis is made longer with the addiction of attachment points for the bottle and the front hand guard..I would gladly pay $400+ for it .. because this design would really stiff the airforce gun completely... and me personally would prefer this chassis over a mad dog one I like the look of all metal better...
I've got it mounted now, yeah it would definitely stiffen things up if it did that, but it would also somewhat defeat the purpose for some people. For me the idea is to make everything standardized and modular so I can fit all my own furniture. I wouldn't like it to lock me into any particular handguard. BUUUUT.... If it extended into a picatinny adapter for that bottom rail, THAT would be awesome. As it stands for me it's still a great piece, just because I HATE that cheap, crummy excuse for a "stock" they come with.

Reactions: mercado