Air Max Shoulder Stock Project Finished!!!! PICS!

As I approached my final dimensions while removing excess wood I was confronted with the realization that I'd committed an irreversible guffaw...It's true. I botched it. To be 100 percent truthful, I kinda' knew this was gonna' happen but I put the blinders on and plowed ahead with fingers crossed.Allow me to attempt to describe my peril...While inletting this pistols' grip / action housing I purposely removed more material than was necessary until the action would drop into the stock. Then, I carefully covered the action with a release agent and employed a quality epoxy to pour a mold into the stock into which the action would fit like a hand in glove. The plan went off without a hitch and the stock to gun mate up was and is, perfectly snug. However, while bringing the stock down to it's final dimensions, I was compelled to remove enough wood that I exposed the epoxy beneath in several areas. On top of that, I have to confess another "repair" that I employed earlier on in the project...The chunk of walnut that I began with was not exactly ideal. To be truthful, it was not adequate for the task. Firstly, no matter how I laid out the pattern I was gonna' end up with a small amount of sapwood in the finished product. Secondly, there was a weak streak of compromised heart wood running right up the center of the stock. But it was walnut and it was free so I threw caution to the wind and dove head first into the project....Well, at one point after sawing out the rough pattern and hogging out the skelletonized look, I took the piece to a very aggressive, bench mounted belt sander and the coarse belt grabbed the wood and slammed it down onto the table. The force was enough to break the stock completely in half from grip to butt. After throwing a mild tantrum and several days of mild depression, I resorted to epoxying the stock back together and now that repair was rearing it's ugly head as well.So it was with a heavy heart that I resigned myself to my only, visually appealing and inexpensive option for making this otherwise solidly constructed and ergonomically ideal shoulder stock ......Bedliner coating!!!! It'd hide all of these sins and yet it'd still be appealing to the eye. I would've much preferred to keep the natural walnut and exotic wood grip cap but those flaws will always be blatant reminders to me of mistakes made.On the plus side...This option will sped up the process somewhat. 

Here's a few pics of the project and finished gun:

Blank cut out:

c32609e71b3dcdc4c89891e187749979.jpg

Roughed out:

0e4af2b87b8e73a2af8714ea42fd180f.jpg

Shaping up:
2f1ebc2141847f46c3cdd5c9b67514d0.jpg

Oops! Epoxy repairs showing through:
e5d7b5b8a2898767c7b7ffeffb8860ce.jpg

5ba02d1071e139dde839c77837c92ff9.jpg

Bedliner to the rescue!!! Finished Project!!!

0764b392148f9d93efc19bf55d3b1a22.jpg

4267523c2bc67a84608d0967fa5191bd.jpg

2244ace2a23f9100d78480c1136417f7.jpg

a0585a6f98a381600d72c65492c48b60.jpg

Thanks everyone. Having your feedback is what makes posting worth while. 
Let's see, to address the replies... 
Thank you Matt. I'll be sure to get back to you once I've had a chance to wring her out. My main reason for beginning this project was to take advantage of the pistol's accuracy potential and make a packable squirrel gun to take along while whitetail hunting.
N2, no plans for a redo. I've gotten it outa' my system now. I'm pleased with the results so onto the next project....
Ag, thanks so much for taking the time to let me know that you enjoyed the post. That's what the goal is when posting. So glad to know that it was met.
Airranger, I used Rust-Oleum brand aerisol bedliner compound. Several light coats. Pay attention on your first passes with the can as you begin spraying. For whatever reason it seems to lay it on really heavy at first. Hold that can about 12"away and apply lightly. If If you get a run you can dab it off with a paper towel and and try try again. I found that it made a huge difference to wait 24 hours and apply a final light coat and set it to dry near my wood stove.
Imold, again many thanks for the kind words. Very much appreciated.