Air Marksman VS Joe B SCBA

I would really check into these before buying. I spoke to digital wave, the co that does the 15 year extension of life. It’s a test that costs I believe a couple hundred dollars itself plus shipping to and from the company. Now they explained to me that once the extension is done they have to be retested every five years like a 15 year tank. Only problem is the test isn’t a 40 dollar hydro test it’s the couple hundred dollar test again every five years. Now I don’t know if those tanks on eBay were built brand new with a 30 year life and all you have to do is hydro them?? Or does the couple hundred dollar test have to be done once the 15 year mark is passed?? I don’t know but I would find out for sure first. I would probably talk it over with my fill source first to see how they would look at it.
Op if you look around you can find deals. I’ve seen recently 2 tanks relatively new go for 400. You can buy a 9L DOT acecare China tank for I think like 550. No way I’d pay a grand for one or even 800.
I agree 100% that you should do your research before buying anything really. I know that there are some manufactures that offer 30 year tanks but im not sure if they need that special testing after 15 years or if they are built different than the 15 year ones and just require the standard hydro testing. Here is something from Scott about their 30 year tanks.

Reactions: Trucker3573