• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Air Impulse 1350...Extra Baffles Worth IT?

I have a 1350 for my FX Impact Carbine 25cal and after firing it, I am a bit disappointed in its performance. I thought that it would be a lot quieter. I am not using a decibel meter so I am going by what I am hearing and what I was expecting.
I thought that the report would sound more like a Daisy Red Ryder but it sounds more like a pump-up Crosman 1400 or Sheridan with 5-6 pumps.

Nothing is wrong with the moderator it; it's my expectation of it, so I am now wondering if attaching a few extra baffles to my moderator will make a worthwhile investment.....any experience with that?

Thanks Fellas;)

Yes it will help. I bought a 1200 for my .17 and honestly, it’s not as quiet as you would think. I’m slinging 13gr slugs a little over 1000fps so there is that. With pellets at 830 it was a whisper. Slugs though are quite noisy. I bought another baffle, it did help but I wasn’t crazy about the sound it made, which is really what I like. So I returned it and running as is. To me, it seems as quiet as the Donny FX baffle, and the Tatsu. But the sound is unique and appealing to me. I haven’t tried it on the .25. My Donny FX baffle is pretty dang hard to beat. Anyway, that’s my experience. Yes, more baffles will quiet it down, it will also change the tone it sings as well. Hope that helps.

Andy

Reactions: Ingwe
Yes it will help. I bought a 1200 for my .17 and honestly, it’s not as quiet as you would think. I’m slinging 13gr slugs a little over 1000fps so there is that. With pellets at 830 it was a whisper. Slugs though are quite noisy. I bought another baffle, it did help but I wasn’t crazy about the sound it made, which is really what I like. So I returned it and running as is. To me, it seems as quiet as the Donny FX baffle, and the Tatsu. But the sound is unique and appealing to me. I haven’t tried it on the .25. My Donny FX baffle is pretty dang hard to beat. Anyway, that’s my experience. Yes, more baffles will quiet it down, it will also change the tone it sings as well. Hope that helps.

Andy
Shew...that was a close one... I was looking at the 1200 for my 17....im shooting 13gr slugs at 940fps. It Looks like I'll be sticking with my tatsu also. Not that I dislike the tatsu. I like how compact it is on my compact rifle.. it sounds pretty good. But I like to hear a bit different tone if that makes since.. maybe I'll try different material in it.

Reactions: Exodus and Ingwe
Yes, you can hear the difference. I've been debating on getting another baffle. They make them in silver now, so I am thinking about getting 2 just to match up when I have or get another orange one. I don't normally use it on the HW97, but I thought it looked good together.
IMG_1835.jpeg
. Below is a pic of the one I have right now.

IMG_1834.jpeg

Yes, you can hear the difference. I've been debating on getting another baffle. They make them in silver now, so I am thinking about getting 2 just to match up when I have or get another orange one. I don't normally use it on the HW97, but I thought it looked good together. View attachment 383727. Below is a pic of the one I have right now.

View attachment 383726
Thank you brother and the moderator looks awesome!

I think that I am going to order 2 baffles

I have 22 n 25 .. 1350 I never purchase them because I thought that they will be quieter. Than a huma or donny.. I purchased them because of the air stripping ability of this design and because they are solid with no felt inside. That's is really a + in high power pcps .. if you need real quiet..this is not the moderator for you .. especially if your gun doesn't have a good shroud design or it would be mounted directly in to the barrel..

I have 22 n 25 .. 1350 I never purchase them because I thought that they will be quieter. Than a huma or donny.. I purchased them because of the air stripping ability of this design and because they are solid with no felt inside. That's is really a + in high power pcps .. if you need real quiet..this is not the moderator for you .. especially if your gun doesn't have a good shroud design or it would be mounted directly in to the barrel..
Why do you say that the 2350 is not a break for "Real Quiet?" And what would you suggest?

Those I 350 really work for me because I use them in my condor. 224 n 257 .. so when you shoot 150fpe + in .22 I found them really effective..compared to anything else..fx shroud is almost like installing directly the moderator to the barrel.. in those cases if the person really needs mouse fart quiet.. then only bigger and thicker will do.. me personally I don't like big ldc sold them all .. the huma design should work better in your application, but unfortunately for our pocket this is a personal testing game. Because even what I could suggest work for my ears, it might still be loud for your neighbors.