• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Hunter Gerhard

I watch most of the popular hunting videos from the guys in the "other down under"( SA) haha.. Never been but want to go some day.

I must say Gerhard has stepped up on cameras and editing and I really enjoy his video's.. 

Some of the hits on targets are absolutely amazing . Excellent footage guys... I send these on to my other hunting buddies and they always send feedback. 

I say well done and keep up the good hunting and hits on target.... 

Let’s see, watch two dudes shooting, or a dude and his attractive wife? 🤔

Air Tac would get a lot more views if she was the primary shooter. Her shooting has improved a lot over the past year and she’s getting better. 

With that said, I enjoy Gerhard’s videos also. He has gotten better with the videos for sure. Only thing I get tired of is the “smoked ‘em” like every other shot…

Let’s see, watch two dudes shooting, or a dude and his attractive wife? 🤔

Air Tac would get a lot more views if she was the primary shooter. Her shooting has improved a lot over the past year and she’s getting better. 

With that said, I enjoy Gerhard’s videos also. He has gotten better with the videos for sure. Only thing I get tired of is the “smoked ‘em” like every other shot…

One of the reasons I posted / started this topic was the fact of what was said and NOT said in the latest video. .The below are all the comments AFTER each shot in his latest.

"Hard Hits" / "Had to time that one" / "Dossie down" / "Perfect Shot" / "Tough shot in this rain" / "Sheew Wheew" / Ooohwaa" / "Wheew" / "Loud Smack" / Wheew" 

Maybe the "smoke" went up the chimney? If so, I'm happy not to hear the "range" and some BS saying... The impact ( not the Impact) sound and the visuals are what I like.. Keep it Gerhard.. You sir have moved to top... 

I hit the "unsub" on Air Tac.. The opening "racket" music makes my skin crawl.. Personal preference.. To each his own..ha

I don’t really like Air Tac as much, but I don’t mind watching pretty girls shoot. I actually like the variety more in Matt’s videos. 
I’m kind of tired of watching guys (and a girl) shoot birds all the time. 
Been watching The Night Crew a lot lately, holds my interest more. Looking to kill my first coyote with an air gun.

totally agree! This is why Matt’s channel is unparalleled! He has amazing quality production, great shooting and huge variety of different types of shooting and always something I can learn from him. Everyone else is basically same thing over and over again, even with gerhard’s video I skip a lot of it. 

Another channel that is quite repetitive but I somehow don’t mind watching is Midwest airgunner. Somehow I’m not tired of him just shooting endless pigeons and starlings, I quite enjoy it actually. 

well for one when those 2 were together air tac guy was the brains of the camera work and editing i was told as far as matt d i really think hes just a fx salesman with goofy hunting flip flops lol sure wish ted would get to it again he was the best down to earth guy to watch as he really was like a local guy keeping the pestsing to a fun video and sure makes ya smile with his editing stuff qball yes midwest guy is great also shoots with lotta brands of older guns also like his shooting style fast as heck knocks the crap out of those birds 

Partnerships rarely ever last.. Money, ego, two type "A's" don't go together. Not sure what happened with Gerhard and don't care. I have to commend Gerhard for hanging in there and upping his content.. Not sure if he reads the comments or even if the comments mentioned his comments... I see a man passionate about hunting and producing interesting hunting videos... I recall way back when, we were B'och'n about him shooting pigeons on power lines.. We've all come a long way. I hope the H&N's are a huge success and air rifle hunters reap huge benefits in accuracy and knock down power..

Gerhard recently posted a .177 slug video with a 700 mm barrel on an impact. I don’t know if this is the right spot, but wouldn’t this setup work in a Wildcat MKIII?

I’m wondering if it would work with .177 pellets as well? I believe he said he was using the STX barrel. The reason I’m curious is that I have a Wildcat MKI and love it, but it is set for one power level 20 ft-lbs for Hunter Field Target and I use it for everything, pesting, FT, 25m Benchrest, and silhouette matches, it shoots the JSB 13.4 redesigns extremely well.

But how great would it be to have the ability to quickly switch to the 16.2 pellets and or the slugs Gerhard was shooting just by a twist of the power wheel. A 20 ft-lb to 35 ft-lb gun would be great.

Just thinking out loud or dreaming.