• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air hose explosion

Airong a tank yesterday. I always back charge thru the tank " manifold".
BANG, right beside my fore arm. Luckily the rupture was at the top of hose where steel anti kink spring is installed. Could have been some serious wounds from something like this!
Can you please disclose what brand hose this was,how old etc, etc,

I had a China hose start to bubble and crackle when I had a EZfill attached to it. It’s funny how a grown man can instantly become terrified. Somehow before flight kicked in I cracked the bleeder valve. Then I dove over a chair in my living room. Glad there aren’t any cameras in my house that would have captured me peeking out from behind the chair like a child looking for the boogie man. HPA is no joke. If you never lose respect for it you’ll have a better chance of living to fight another day.

@Keyman62421 Glad you weren’t injured. That’s enough to rattle your nerves. I am paranoid about this sort of thing. Half the time my finger is on the off switch while filling a tank. You may want to look into some hoses and fittings from www.airtanksplus.com. @Bigragu introduced me to this shop. I believe they make their hoses in-house. I ordered a hose from them and was pretty impressed by the quality, especially compared to what came with my tank. I have not used it yet, just have it on standby when the fill whip that came with my SCBA tank wears out. More details about your incident would be helpful to us paranoid folks.

I’m going to replace my old one with one from Airtanks plus.
There’s a guy who works on a well known compressor, I’m not mentioning a name without permission.
And I don’t know the exact series of events but he had a hose explode in his hand and it all but blew the hand apart.
Many months of physical therapy and it will never be the same.
I like the idea of the plywood barrier in the fill station.
AZ really got my attention one day when we were talking about filling and he asked me if I ever weighed a bottle before filling and then after filling?
The filled bottle is considerably heavier after filling.
That’s a whole lot of molecules wedged into the bottle 😬