• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air guns Columbus? Intro myself

woose

Feb 19, 2024
Hi folks, I'm new to the group. Just wondering if anyone around Cbus is into air guns or knows a place that sells them. I'm specifically looking for a PCP. I just want to get my hand on some in person and ask some knowledgeable people about their experience.

A little background:

I've been a hunter and shooter for 25 years or so, most of my life. Almost all firearms/bow though. I've had pellet guns but just pump style. I currently have a Benjamin titan np which has taken some squirrels for me. I like the idea of PCP's because they seem more accurate, less recoil and you don't have to crank something every time you shoot. Plus they are quieter than a firearm and much cheaper to shoot.

I think I've narrowed down to a Gamo Urban based on posts here and other reviews. I'm very open to suggestions though for a beginner/budget PCP.

If anyone knows of a shop or just wants to get together and chat/shoot/whatever let me know!

Capturefeg34g.JPG

I would assume it's the world-famous Columbus, Wisconsin.

Just teasing you. Welcome to the forum

I also just recently joined the forum (from Lebanon, south of Dayton). Yesterday I went to Baker's Airguns in Mt. Victory which should be pretty close to you. I went to look over their offerings as I am also interested in a PCP now. I believe I talked to Dennis and he was very knowledgeable and helpful. He let me handle all the different airguns I was interested in (Avenger, Avenger-X, Daystate Huntsman, ...). They also have a 20yd range with a crony when/if you get that far. There is an Airgun workshop hosted by Chris C every Wednesday from 3-6 at Dad's Guns and Golf Carts Shop in Lebanon also.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Columbus Ohio has an airgun show coming up , Very large for air guns . A few dealers but mostly buy and sell guys .

Welcome to the best AGN .

Reactions: Mike_OH
There are also 5 airgun clubs in Ohio that hold either Airgun field target or benchrest matches (or both). Northeast Ohio Airgunners (NOA) in Chagrin Falls, Sherwood Airgunners in Steubenville, Central Ohio Airgunners (COA) in Columbus, Fairfield Sportsmens Association in Cincinnati and Meeker Sportsmen in Marion.

Another thumbs up to Baker Airguns. Meeker Sportsman Club, in Marion, is just an hour north of C-bus and hosts a couple different matches for air guns. We are having an indoor bench rest match this Sunday at 2:30 and there will be several airguns there and folks to talk to. We host a Sunday “fun” shoot allowing .22 rimfires and air rifles to compete on our small 50’ indoor range. We also host 2 National 50 outdoor 50Y Benchrest matches per month, April through October. Lots of friendly people they’re willing to help and answer questions.