Air guns and veterans.

PTSD is real, and therapy does help... Accepting the scares and limps are part of the process.

- Shooting airgun is nice, as it allows to focus on simple things. The camaraderie at the range/match is something to look forward to.

It is real, for sure. You can recover given enough time and the right sort of help. I would urge anyone who has symptoms to get into the VA and start working on it. You will sleep better in the end. I finally did. I hope we do not wander far enough off topic to draw the ire of those who may not be named. ;)

I shot Airguns before I went in the service.

I shot airguns while in the service.

I shoot airguns now.

My first Model 25 was found by my grandfather in a trash can in Baltimore circa 1958.

That rifle traveled the world.

Three separate 13 month tours in South Korea

12 Months (I arrived just in time for the TET Offensive.) in Vietnam.

Five years in adult air powered arms heaven, Berlin, Germany (1974-79) before the wall surrounding the city came down.

Those overseas assignments plus others in Texas, Mississippi and three in California, the Model 25 was always with me.

It finally gave up in 2005 and a search was on to find a replacement.

Today I have a vast array of air powered arms and I shoot them regularly.

I shoot field target and silly wet on a regular basis as well as spending time in the yard and indoors (15 yards) when my wife is away.

I still belong to a rifle range and shoot the powder burners regularly too but all of my shooting partners have moved away or have died off.

(Vietnam veterans are dying at the rate of 1000 per day). 

I think I am the senior citizen at the local FT matches but I may be wrong.

Soon to be 77, I will stop shooting when they slide me in the oven.

This is the Model 25 that replaced the 1958 copy:

ADEB432D-33EE-460E-868B-B62FEAE4D2F7.1650036804.jpeg