Air guns and cancer

Hey guys, PotPie especially.... this is one heck of a first post here; I joined ten minutes ago to ask a question as a first time buyer. But the title of this post hit me like a glaring light.

15 months ago (Feb 3 of 2021) I was diagnosed with a rare, "uniformly fatal", "incurable" blood cancer. I planned on jumping into aggressive chemo to buy time (I have 4 little kids), but before beginning I took two weeks and dove very, very deep into research. Reason being, I had a horrible incident with a dental crown years before where I took the advice of a dentist and the crown caused miserable pain for 4 years before ultimately I just had the whole molar extracted.... long story short: I later learned that cracks in teeth are completely normal and heal by themselves all the time - most of the time, we are never even aware they happened. I confronted the dentist about this knowledge (which is common knowledge, discussed at length by a world famous dentist long ago; Weston Price). 

Anyway: my dentist had never heard of any of this. So, I've learned to at least take a second look at what professionals advise. 

When I was diagnosed, I said "I've got 4 little kids... give me the strong stuff and hook it up to my veins. Buy me all the time you can." 

But my wife said: "That's probably the best strategy, but don't forget the crown incident! Do your due diligence." 

I hated to even wait 2 weeks to start chemo, but I knew she was right. It was hard, because I was not diagnosed with this horrific cancer until I was "end stage." In fact, the cancer had so badly eaten away at my left femur in the form of a 5.5" tumor that the bone disintegrated (that's how/when the tumor was diagnosed). 

Anyway... I know everyone has a different stance on this. But just in case me joining this forum tonight was in any way providential: 

After 2 heavy weeks of reading from my hospital bed, I actually decided to "go natural" for treatment. I was wheeled out of the hospital after 5 days with a ton of hardware in my leg, and sent home to a rental hospital bed in my living room. 

I'll spare you the details, but 15 months later, I'm basically completely cured. My left femur has grown back around the hardware 90-95% and counting. The most fatal / dangerous blood number they measure my cancer (multiple myeloma) by is "<0.1" and "undetectable." I have one blood number that's still a little high, but it has zero bearing on my health. I feel better than I've felt in years; honestly since I was in my 20s. 

I don't mean to impose any of this on anyone, but I feel like I have a duty to share. I don't want to keep blabbering on, but I've written it ALL down. I'm actually planning on writing a book, even though there are so many out there already... I just can't believe how the last 15 months went. 

They never said I would walk without a walker again. Today I power walked six miles and ran around with my kids. It's just insane. 

Your mileage may vary, but if anyone wants a copy of what I did, I can share. I don't mean to sound like a tree-hugger here. I also am not trying to get attention. Again... I just feel I have a duty to share. 

In the name of Christ,

Pat

Reactions: Macros
It's the guys that don't roll over and quit that survive, They don't get stressed out, You used your hobby to enjoy life and beat it back.. Haven't been exactly where you have/are but I've been under the magic spell of big C til I got snotty with the docs and listened to the nurses cause they pay attention to the patients, observing them. Nurses helped me a lot with some info and advice. I upset some people but I'm still walking around with a different attitude. I believe in being vaccinated from polio to yellow fever and smallpox and covid but I don't believe in BIG PHARMA . They feed on cancer patients. Hey, all Xs and head shots. Keep moving. GBGUNNER 

Morning all. Im 70 years old and have been an air gunner most of my life. Last August I was diagnosed with stage four Pancreatic cancer and given six months to live even with chemo. Started chemo and have had 23 rounds of two very strong types of chemo, I get so sick for 4 days after I can barley stand it. Well instead of setting around waiting to die I got busy shooting and tuning my air guns, switching scopes and buying new guns. I figured what the heck Id spend some of that money iv been saving. So I went on a tear and bought six new guns. So after nine months IM still standing and the Dr. are calling it one in a million shot, he asked me how I got through it and I told him it is my faith and my passion for air guns that gave me a purpose to go on. Now the Dr. says I have about 10 to 12 months well Iv heard that before and Im shooting for 3 years going to prove them wrong again.So am I going to sell my guns and set around HELL no, I have to many guns to shoot and new ones to lust after. Here a list of what I got HW100, Crossman 2021 Challenger, a Brocock Sniper XR, AEA Challenger Pro, HW 50s and a HW 97 TH. I posted about this on GTA air guns saved my life. Any way have fun and keep your air dry
Good to hear you are enjoying the sport. I'm stage 3 very aggressive prostate cancer, Gleason 8. Done surgery, fail. Done 39 doses of proton beam and on ADT for a year then prognosis is not good. Do a google search on Fenbendazole and full list of supplements. There is good anecdotal evidence that it reduces tumors. I did a 36-day course of it at the tail end of my radiation and suffered no side effects. I was taking a gram per day. Heres the kicker, its dog wormer that you can get from Tractor supply. If you elect to do this READ THE LABEL AND ACTIVE INGREDIENTS! You want the meds that has ONLY fenbendazole! The dosage is what is usually given to a ten-pound dog for three consecutive days. Its cheaper to buy the box with 3 four-gram packets and divide them up to one-gram doses, but you can buy the box with three one-gram packs if you like. Vets know of this and use it on older dogs with cancer. What do ya have to lose other than fifty bucks or so for a 36-day supply. You must be taking vitamins and supplements. The NIH is also looking into the use of Ivermectin in conjunction with some of the drugs used in late-stage treatment and it shows promise to improve their action. Ivermectin and fenbendazole both have very similar modes of action. A fellow, Joe Tippens I think, was in late stage and sent home with 3 months to go. He used this treatment on advice of his friend DVM and two years later hes still kicking. Best wishes, Dan.

Last edited: