• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air gauge magnification ideas?

Zoey

Dec 15, 2016
Despite having Lasik (monovision) 7 months ago, I find it rather difficult to read the pressure gauge on my Vulcan. Of course, I could wear "cheaters", but...well...as anyone who wears them knows, they are a pain and constantly get misplaced.

I thought about a mini plastic magnifying glass, but I would prefer to keep one hand on the gun/fill probe, and the other on the fill tank valve. I could cut one to the same circumference as my gauge, but then how would I attach it without it looking like garbage?

I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas. Something like those old magnifying square plastic sheets that people used to stick on the back window of their R.V., but in miniature size? I don't know...just throwing ideas out there?

Cheers

I passed a class one flight physical in 1966 and spent 45 years flying airplanes and helicopters. With age comes certain inevitabilities, like glasses and having to take a leak a little more often. At 70 I just accepted that it is easier to keep them on and see then hunt around looking for them. Besides it lets me hit the certain of the target sometimes.

With mono-vision Lasik, I have one eye corrected for distance, and the other for close up vision. Despite being able to read fine print within 20cm
(8 inches) of my face, I find the gauge hash marks to be extremely fine, and difficult to read. Ultimately I may need to carry my old cheaters with me.

But, I'm not going to give up hope that there is some stick-on, circular magnifier out there somewhere in the universe.