Airforce Air Force Texan SS 457

"I've gotta say, my hunts here in New Jersey have been nothing short of epic ever since I got my hands on the .45 caliber Air Rifle by AirForce. This bad boy, paired with my laser target finder scope by SureFire, has completely transformed the way I approach hunting.

From stalking deer in the early morning mist to taking on the challenge of bear hunting, this rifle has been my steadfast companion through it all. The precision and power it offers are just unmatched, using my SureFire laser target finder scope, well I’ll just say I’ll never go away from Sure Fire.

I can't tell you how many times this combo has saved the day for me out in the field. The confidence I feel when shouldering this rifle and peering through that SureFire scope is unbeatable. It's Made in hunting heaven and I have to tell you there’s nothing better, than teaching the doubter a quick lesson on BB Air haha.

If you're serious about hunting and want gear that delivers results, I can't recommend the 45 caliber Air Rifle by AirForce to my humble opinion is still going to be number one out there. They've truly taken my hunts to the next level, and I wouldn't head out into the woods without them by my side."

"I've gotta say, my hunts here in New Jersey have been nothing short of epic ever since I got my hands on the .45 caliber Air Rifle by AirForce. This bad boy, paired with my laser target finder scope by SureFire, has completely transformed the way I approach hunting.

From stalking deer in the early morning mist to taking on the challenge of bear hunting, this rifle has been my steadfast companion through it all. The precision and power it offers are just unmatched, using my SureFire laser target finder scope, well I’ll just say I’ll never go away from Sure Fire.

I can't tell you how many times this combo has saved the day for me out in the field. The confidence I feel when shouldering this rifle and peering through that SureFire scope is unbeatable. It's Made in hunting heaven and I have to tell you there’s nothing better, than teaching the doubter a quick lesson on BB Air haha.

If you're serious about hunting and want gear that delivers results, I can't recommend the 45 caliber Air Rifle by AirForce to my humble opinion is still going to be number one out there. They've truly taken my hunts to the next level, and I wouldn't head out into the woods without them by my side."
Rangefinder is definitely key. What speed ammo combo you got there and where are you zeroed?

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
For setting up scope and zeroing do you use external regulator? My .510 Texan needs external regulator second shot much lower than first.. ... Range Finder and airgun s crucial.... Glad your Texan is a shooter without much effort.. For me airgun hunting is either zero or hero...For me even at 800 ft pounds only neck shot s...I can't track for a 1\2 mile any more.. I have had the best and worst hunting experience with subsonic.... Any pictures of your scope rangefinder ? What is the max range with auto holdover before you run out of adjustments? Are you buying slugs or casting? Welcome😀

Reactions: Bowhunter73
@Maximus121 Welcome to AGN. Now that you’ve built a little excitement here, let’s see your rig and some bear hunting photos. Which ammo do you use for bear and from what range are you taking bear with your Texan?
Thank you I appreciate that. Crazy thing is, I have long awaited any kind of a group like this, considering how huge Facebook is. Instagram being the same. Yeah, definitely nothing like this so I’m excited as hell to be here. Thank you. This is everything I use. I have an identical one that I will be posting sooner than later as it’s brand spanking new. I don’t like to just get something that’s not going to be good and all inclusive so I really decked my stuff out.

IMG_0479.png

For setting up scope and zeroing do you use external regulator? My .510 Texan needs external regulator second shot much lower than first.. ... Range Finder and airgun s crucial.... Glad your Texan is a shooter without much effort.. For me airgun hunting is either zero or hero...For me even at 800 ft pounds only neck shot s...I can't track for a 1\2 mile any more.. I have had the best and worst hunting experience with subsonic.... Any pictures of your scope rangefinder ? What is the max range with auto holdover before you run out of adjustments? Are you buying slugs or casting? Welcome😀
I use a external reg to zero also and a range finder is a must. Zero for my 308 is 100m

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I use a external reg to zero also and a range finder is a must. Zero for my 308 is 100m
First off, the slugs. I'm using premium, heavy-weight .510 slugs specifically designed for big bore. They're not your run-of-the-mill plinking ammo; these are precision-engineered projectiles that carry enough mass and ballistic efficiency to maintain energy downrange. Wanna say the slugs weigh upwards of 350 grains, and they hit like a freight train. Haha You could cast your own if you've got the time and the gear to get consistent quality, but I on the other hand never do. Haha

I zero at 50 yards because it's a good compromise. It's close enough to be practical in most hunting scenarios and far enough to make sure the scope is dialed in for those longer pokes if needed. With an air rifle like the Texan, anything beyond 100 yards starts to push the ethical boundary for hunting big game, even with its power. You need to know the ballistics of your setup and understand how your slugs behave at different ranges. But it seems like you know your poop well Bro. There’s just nothing like it. Initially, I thought, I’m gonna miss the big kaboom that you get from a Trad hunting rifle. Ummmm nope!! Haha

Reactions: Ezana4CE
@Maximus121 I’d still like to see some of your airgun bear hunting photos as well as photos of your actual Airforce Texan setup. Deer hunting photos too. Because this isn’t the hunting forum consider adding them to the linked thread below or another like it.

Reactions: Maximus121
First off, the slugs. I'm using premium, heavy-weight .510 slugs specifically designed for big bore. They're not your run-of-the-mill plinking ammo; these are precision-engineered projectiles that carry enough mass and ballistic efficiency to maintain energy downrange. Wanna say the slugs weigh upwards of 350 grains, and they hit like a freight train. Haha You could cast your own if you've got the time and the gear to get consistent quality, but I on the other hand never do. Haha

I zero at 50 yards because it's a good compromise. It's close enough to be practical in most hunting scenarios and far enough to make sure the scope is dialed in for those longer pokes if needed. With an air rifle like the Texan, anything beyond 100 yards starts to push the ethical boundary for hunting big game, even with its power. You need to know the ballistics of your setup and understand how your slugs behave at different ranges. But it seems like you know your poop well Bro. There’s just nothing like it. Initially, I thought, I’m gonna miss the big kaboom that you get from a Trad hunting rifle. Ummmm nope!! Haha
I also use premium slugs in my .308, and what does it take to be premium? Attention to detail. I don't hunt big game; instead, I target coyotes, woodchucks, and raccoons, shooting from 75 to 150 yards. I've hit a 6-inch steel target at 200 yards with enough FPE to take down coyotes.