• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air force Texan LSS options

My first adult airgun was a Airforce Condor, I bought it to pest with on a vineyard and killed 1800 birds with it in the weeks leading up to harvest.

I bought a short Maddogstocks stock to lessen the ever present frame flex associated with this platform and a WOKGuard and bottle adapter to lower the bottle and in turn the cheek weld.

Problem was in nearly 3 to 4 years of shooting it and other AF guns, I could never decide which option I liked better and as a result, I was constantly changing it back and forth. I liked how it shot with the short Maddogstocks stock, but preferred hunting/posting with the WOkgUard and rubber AR grip and lowered tank.

When I rediscovered the AF line buying a Texan LSS 257 to replace my Haley Scandalous the indecision started all over again. I bought a Maddogstocks Full stock and a WOKGuard and started the indecision up all over again.

I can have either the Maddogstocks stock on for bench/long range shooting with either of these options, and for hunting the WOKGuard, also I can have no sound suppression by removing the LSS shroud, a little sound suppression by removing the last 6 inches of shroud, or all in with the complete LSS shroud.

I converted the LSS to the CF bottle and removed the valve return spring and added Dougs’ 25 lb spring and polished the bore, so far I am loving it.

How much am I loving it? Enough to consider trading my now unobtainable Seneca 25 Carbine and Arsenal mood for a Texan 457 carbine or 457 ss.

You will notice I have lasers on my Texan, I have them on all my guns that I can put them on. I do not shoot with lasers, but I play musical scopes constantly and when I switch scopes I just rezero at ten yards using the laser. 

regards,

Roachcreek

1595875951_8247171665f1f226f1ee1d9.19534053.jpeg

1595875994_21107153155f1f229acac953.19234339.jpeg

hi, this is my first post here. I'm looking at getting a airforce Texan 45 or the 457. not sure the difference in the 2. I'm wanting to deer hunt with it and wondering if I was to get the ss would I be able to put my own(not home made) but custom made silencor on the rifle. is the ss threeded at the end or would it be cheaper to get that done on the of Texan. thanks for your time