• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Force Texan long range bullet

Who is shooting a .45 Texan at long ranges ( ( over100) with good accuracy & what bullets are you shooting? I have tried several with mixed results, I have yet to go heavy as I don't like shooting BIG bullets I am getting good groups from a 230 HighArch Hunter and a 200 grain Maxi from Mr Hollowpoint but niether holds up beyond 100 I have large bullets from both to try ( waiting for warmer weather) so if you are having long range accuracy what are you using??

I have been shooting the EPP UG in 150 grains at three distances, 100, 155, and 200 yards. The 100 yard target is a soup can in the center of a car rim and tire, the 155 yard target is a stainless steel plate about 12" s across, The final 200 yard target has a 12x18 metal plate with half of a cinder block in front of it and what's left of a peanut filled pretzel container with a 4"x6" cardboard target taped to the front of it. The target was so badly damaged I added the top of a jsb tin halfway behind the cardboard target and managed to put a hole in it in three shots. That put a smile on my face. I was shooting on half power but on this day I decided to go to full power. Made a big difference. Oh, by the way it did help having the sun behind me. The metal plate rang out to let me know that I was close to a hit. The other bullet that did pretty good is the 143 grain round ball. All bullets were cast using pure lead, the EPP UG was run thru a ,457 sizing die and the round ball was left as is. Hope this helps you out. One more thing, I'm shooting with a regulator on my tank set @ 2700 PSI.