• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Air Force- firing without pressing trigger

I'll start this off with saying "yes I shouldn't have had a bullet in the chamber." Last December I was putting air in my .457 Air Force Texan Carbine & out of nowhere it fired- shooting/fracturing the tip of my finger. I'm lucky it was just my finger. I was in the middle of nowhere & drove myself to the emergency room about an hour away. The next day I decided to go hunting. This time when putting air in the gun I made extra sure I didn't accidentally hit the trigger since that is what I assumed had happened the day before. I also made extra certain this time the safety was on. Guess what happened? Yep- it fired again on its own but this time I was 100% certain I didn't press the trigger. I was also 100% certain the safety was on. Immediately after I could hear & feel something (sounded & felt like a small bb) was loose in the air tank of the gun. I'm guessing it was some sort of broken valve. I mailed it to Air Force and sent them an email telling them what had happened along with a plethora of pictures of my finger. After a few weeks of not hearing from them I sent them an email asking for an update. I got the run around over & over from them for almost two months. Yesterday I sent Max an email saying I'd be filling out a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if I didn't get a reply back by the end of the day. Speaking of Better Business Bureau- one of the two other complaints they have is from someone else complaining their gun fired with the safety on. Anyway- it's unfortunate I had to resort to the Better Business Bureau. I didn't get an update yesterday but did get a call from Max saying they're shipping out my gun today. Of course he admitted no wrong & said it was my fault which I believe is incorrect. Consider yourself warned that their guns can fire with the safety on & without pressing the trigger.

thumbnail_20221211_171818.jpg

I'll start this off with saying "yes I shouldn't have had a bullet in the chamber."
I appreciate your honesty as many people don’t want to admit to their own mistakes but it strengthens your statement. And it does sound like there’s some sort of serious issue with their product. I always tell people to take a video of something like that happening if it’s safe to do so, and glad it was just your finger. AF big bores are no joke.