• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air exits through barrel and chamber when filling with pump

Hello,
Allow me to start by saying that I just got my very first pcp rifle. Benjamin Maximus .22
I read all the instructions and picked up the rifle. I saw it had some pressure on it and decided to dry fire it until empty.
Huge mistake. While I was doing this, the rifle came to a point that air started flowing through the gun barrel.

I tried using the benjamin hand pump that came with it but when I pump, air just exits through the muzzle.
I read online that this is because of a valve and that it needs pressure for it to stay closed. Some people suggested (and the instruction manual on the rifle) cocking the rifle and leaving it pulled back. 
Well, the air flows through the open chamber too.

I dont have a scuba tank or anything to fill it up. All I have is the benjamin hand pump that came with the kit.

Anyone know any solutions to this?

No removing the tank will not solve the issue, The problem is the spring tension against the hammer and the fact that the hand pump doesn't have enough volume to close the valve against the tension, you might be able to use a normal compressor take the fitting off the hand pump and connect it to your compressor line, or use a blowing tool with the rubber head pushed against the fill probe of the gun have someone half cock the gun while you are putting air into the gun (the half cock might also work with the hand pump)
The150 psi that you can get from a normal compressor might be enough to hold the tension you need against the spring so you can finish filling the gun with your hand pump

My career 300 used to do that sometimes. Like joe said try cocking it and then pump. It is hard to correct with a hand pump. It helps to have a HPA tank to seat the valve and blow out any debris. Since you don't have one try dry firing a few more times and pump until it works. Good luck. Where are you located? Maybe someone lives close by with a tank and can help.

If all else fails and you don't have access to a tank or compressor to boost some air in it and cocking it doesn't help, you will need to obstruct the air flow by loading a felt cleaning pellet or 2 or pellet or 2 but be very careful and point it in a safe direction directly into a back stop when doing this. Keep a long wooden dowel which has a slightly smaller diameter handy which can be purchased from a craft or hardware store just in case you need to clear the barrel of the felt cleaning or lead pellets. Plugging the end of the barrel with cleaning patches wrapped in heavy fishing line would work too as long as it seals the air and use the fishing line to pull it back out when done or shoot it out. Think of it as a TAMPON.
AJ

Thanks everyone for responding. I have trief everything except the tampon method. 
im a little bit afraid of ñoading two pellets. But the cloth on fishing line sounds like a good idea.
I will try this later and report back. I tried covering the barrel with black tape but it didnt work. It just got expanded. It looked funny because it looked like a balloon.