Air compressor

I agree 95% with the above. Surely the YH compressors should last longer if one only fills guns directly-noticeably lower pressure and shorter run times should extend their life quite dramatically. My highest pressure gun is a CF tanked Condor at 3600 psi. I usually use my 97 CF tank until it won't fill that Condor well and then top off the 97 CF back to around 4400. The YH has done that job well, topping off usually once every couple of weeks or 10 days, for over a year. They can do such but as you note it is probably stressing them much more than the type of use you suggest above and I would generally agree with your above suggestion for use. Bottom line is an individual shooter can be well served with a YH and if that is what budget allows then considering one seems smart. If my YH had been used like you suggested above then, considering it's current use time, it would seem to be only a little ways through a useful life. Like you, I have acquired a more "substantial" gasoline powered compressor, but recently used the YH to fill my 97 CF tank from empty after opening it to check interior condition. The tank was completely dry and the YH filled it empty to 4400 in about an hour. Options are good to have.

Hi Abemoreno,

Might take a bit more research and learning about compressors but a good used Bauer Jr. is a solid unit. I picked one up from CL a few months back for $1400 delivered. It is a 2014 model with 6 hours on it. Looks pretty much new. I recommend getting one no older than 10 years old if you go that route. The filter towers are rated for a 15 year life on the Bauer compressors and cost more to replace than I paid for my compressor.

I like to feed the PCPs dry air and the filtration system on a Bauer dive compressor is capable if maintained.

Enjoy,

Nugria

Hi Abemoreno,

Might take a bit more research and learning about compressors but a good used Bauer Jr. is a solid unit. I picked one up from CL a few months back for $1400 delivered. It is a 2014 model with 6 hours on it. Looks pretty much new. I recommend getting one no older than 10 years old if you go that route. The filter towers are rated for a 15 year life on the Bauer compressors and cost more to replace than I paid for my compressor.

I like to feed the PCPs dry air and the filtration system on a Bauer dive compressor is capable if maintained.

Enjoy,

Nugria

Excellent advice for those in or near the coast or near diving communities. Probably not as useful through most of the interior of the country though. But if one is willing to pay for shipping or drive to pick it up, that seems like an absolutely excellent deal.