Air Compressor (Nomad) Reliability

There isn’t anything more portable/Nomad sized that can be counted on? I don’t even want to fill tanks, just the Airgun itself

The new Nomad is 800 bucks…for that much money you would think that it would last
I shoot springers mostly, however I do have a wonderful FX Crown and fill it up on average once a week. I also had a Nomad 2 and it lasted about a month, it went back to PA and they sent me a replacement. I did not even open the box and sold it on this site with the full understanding that it will die, when is the question. At that time they were dying like flies, sounds like they still do.
I have been using one of the little GX2 compressors for the last two years. It is still chugging away.
It takes six minutes to fill from 160 bar to 250 bar. Once a week equals 24 minutes monthly or around 5 hours a year. Just filling the guns is easy on the little compressors, they do not run long enough to get real hot and I never see any water even when it is July in South Carolina and 102 in the shade with 88 percent humidity . So if they last 20 hours that will be four years for me or 75 bucks a year. Even if it dies tomorrow I will just toss it and order a new one.
Kit

It seems that what I am looking for IS a Unicorn...yet the companies that we buy from continue selling them

I do love your setup, but I do really want an air-cooling pump. I am never filling tanks so I only need it for my guns bottle.

I am researching the Hill EC-3000 now, and so far I haven't seen a bad review
My nomad 2 poop the bed twice and I went for the EC-3000 and it has been amazing.

Reactions: Ingwe
I am on my 2nd compressor, this one is a Nomad 3. I have a feeling that it is crapping the bed…and it only has a few hours on it

Today, it wouldn’t pump more than 180 BAR into my FX Impact. The load LED on the compressor wouldn’t rise above 15.
I shut it off and unplugged it and waited a few minutes and then tried it again and this time it worked as usual and was fine pumping 250 BAR into the gun

What do you think happened m?
Is what happened something that you guys have experienced before?

My 1st Nomad died after only a year or so

PS Is there a pump out there for under a $1,000 that can be counted on?

Pretty disappointed right now
Buy once ... cry once ... Bauer JRII, will last three lifetimes.

I have an my Nomad ll for 1 year and 10 days and it stop working you would thing that if you pay $800+ and do everything right that it should last longer, I only used it to full my gun not tanks, I have trued to call support from seller and AV for the past 2 days and NO one return calls
I agree…$800 piece of Chinese made garbage

AoA has the Hill EC3000 for 1289$ right now.
This appears the best value in home HPA compressors, to my eye.

Plus 75db should be ear friendly
Hi

I deliberately decided against a China compressor!
I wanted something without water cooling and a contact less than 8000 km away in case of problems.
Got a working compressor from China.
It only bothered me that he was somehow leaking oil into the air system.
With enough filters etc you can keep it to a minimum but still leave a lesser aftertaste.
The Hill leaves an absolutely good and reliable impression, which I can't say about the Chinese brothers.
The Hill is primarily designed for cartridges and not for "big" bottles, which it still reliably fills.
First and foremost, I wanted a compressor that I could turn on and let it work automatically.
An automatic reliable shutdown...no water cooling with multiple hoses, extra radiator, fan, etc. etc.
The vibration and volume of both compressors are absolutely not comparable.

(Filter from a no name China compressor after 2 fillings of an 8 liter bottle)

F8C32865-6BCC-4A9C-BFA0-A4338ACDF288.jpeg

63B5614D-AACF-4658-9CF5-E34ECD2C9392.jpeg

I am on my 2nd compressor, this one is a Nomad 3. I have a feeling that it is crapping the bed…and it only has a few hours on it

Today, it wouldn’t pump more than 180 BAR into my FX Impact. The load LED on the compressor wouldn’t rise above 15.
I shut it off and unplugged it and waited a few minutes and then tried it again and this time it worked as usual and was fine pumping 250 BAR into the gun

I have the new Xisico compressor. It has worked great but not for bottles over .5L. prior to that I had the original Nomad which lasted me 4 years. It do not get over 2500 psi now no matter what I do. I'd go cheap GX, Vevo, ToAuto, etc.... some are low as $150 on Aliexpress. At that Rate I could afford to replace every year or two.

When shopping for a PCP Compressor, you need to buy a brand that has a resource for maintenance kits and repair parts. Don’t expect any PCP compressor to run maintenance free forever! Take care of your PCP compressor and it can be reliable.

I would recommend considering the Tuxing Brand, as they have a resource (Amazon, eBay, AliExpress) for maintenance kits, repair parts, and instructional videos to maintain their PCP hand pump and AC/12V DC Compressor products.

See the Tuxing Brand here: https://www.amazon.com/stores/TUXING/page/795BA15E-BDD5-4259-B45F-7C9FF9ACCF76?ref_=ast_bln
I bought the Tuxing Model TXET063. I chose this direct fill compressor model for the built in AC/DC Power Supply, Digital Control System LCD display, Set-Pressure/Auto Stop feature and it operates Oil/Water free.

See it here on Amazon: https://a.co/d/hb6dFwi
How to repair and maintain the Tuxing direct fill PCP compressor: